GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Amber bulbs for Clear Side Markers, Let's talk.

bruck

Ready to race!
I have searched, and read every result I could find. I am looking for amber blinking clear-looking bulbs. Which ones are you guys using and are you happy with them/where did you get them? (I know one result had them but I am looking for options an opinions on this specific search.)

Thanks!

Uberryan

Banned
Take stock bulb, walk to auto zone, use lens painter color "amber" on stock bulb.

Done.

BMdubster

Ready to race!
When I had my R53, I changed the sidemarker bulbs to a "silverlight" (I think that's what they were called). Had a mirror finish, but blinked amber. I'd be bummed if I got some clear markers only to have to put a bright orange bulb in there. If they don't make them for MKVI, I wonder if you could paint some amber bulbs silver???

bruck

Ready to race!
i think LED's throw a code even if you code the exterior lights with vagcom...

This is what I've heard as well. I also think Parts4euro includes LED's but warns they may throw a code. I don't need that headache on a $50 mod.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
When I had my R53, I changed the sidemarker bulbs to a "silverlight" (I think that's what they were called). Had a mirror finish, but blinked amber. I'd be bummed if I got some clear markers only to have to put a bright orange bulb in there. If they don't make them for MKVI, I wonder if you could paint some amber bulbs silver???

X2. I had some amber bulbs with a chrome/silver finish for the side markers on my Mk4, same 194 wedge bulb used in the Mk6 sidemarkers. Bought them on eBay.

ick

Ready to race!
You are looking for these I believe...

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Exactly, the one pictured, the # in the corner does that match the MK6 side marker or was that photo just for example.

Thanks!

See my post above. You can get these in a 194 wedge bulb. I bought them on eBay several years ago. I'm sure you can still find some there.