GOLFMKV

VW Service Appointment

Nick1214

Passed Driver's Ed
So I have an appointment tomorrow morning for a few things

Rear Washer Leak
TPMS Light on when tire pressures are correct
Rattles in driver and passenger door

Does anybody have any TSB's or anything to tell the stealer to try to get them to fix this on the first shot?

timmsumm

I just had my rear washer dribble fixed last Friday and the TSB they listed on the receipt was 2023248/1. Notes state "installed check valve inline to rear sprayer" and there are 4 parts listed.

NWOB74

Passed Driver's Ed
Experience with TPMS Issue..

My TPMS light went on after the first two weeks.

Checked my tires twice to be sure it was a false signal.

When I first called the dealer, they told me to put 2+ additional pounds of pressure in than recommended on the door jam.

That did not help as you would have expected.

Went to dealer a few days later with no appointment.

They took me in immediately. They looked up what i believe was a TSB (but not sure).

They hooked up the diagnostics and found that nothing had been programmed in at the factory specifying proper tire pressure. They entered in the correct readings and all has been perfect since. They told me they had seen this happen before and felt this was happening to the cars shipped to the US.

Impressed that the dealer was so cooperative and hospitable.

Next trip I will have them check the TSB for the rear window washer leak, which seems like nearly everyone is experiencing.

Keep us posted about how you're treated at the dealer and the results of your visit.

Best of luck from Rochester, NY, USA

Nick1214

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for the responses guys!

Anyone have any experience with going to the dealer for rattles?

Another issue I have is that the driver side armrest is discolors and looks worn in a way. Its seems that vacuuming it is a temporary solution and the white discoloration/wear comes back with in a few min.
Anyone else have the armrest issue?

2010 UG

Ready to race!
I have been to the dealer three times for rattles, the last trip cleared them up pretty well. If your rattles are anything like mine be prepared to be driving a rental for a while. Here are a couple threads I was running to document my experience:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5801
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6604

Also, the armrest thing is normal. Its not that the material is wearing, its that it is pretty abrasive and collecting dead skin from your arm. A little distilled water and a microfiber cleans it up for a couple days for me. Others have tried scotchguard with decent results. It pretty annoying, but just one of those things about this car you have to get used to.

The TPMS deal has to do with a programming error that supposedly takes a couple minutes for the dealer to fix. I don't have any first hand experience with this one, but people have said that the cars affected are set to like 70 PSI or something ridiculous like that.

Nick1214

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the responses

I went to the dealer this morning and was in and out in under an hour.

They fixed the TPMS Light Error they ordered the parts for the rears washer dribble. The rattles could not be heard today by the tech or myself. I am not sure why after I left the dealer I couldn't hear the rattles until I had been in the car for a few hours. Hopefully I can get an appointment when it is not raining and take the tech for a ride.

I also made friends($) with the service adviser and hope that I can receive top notch service like I did with my BMW. Taking care of your SA goes a long way I have had experience with 4 dealers with in the last few years and they have all been stellar and I have even got some stuff covered that really shouldn't have been covered.

Jever

Ready to race!
So I have an appointment tomorrow morning for a few things

Rear Washer Leak
TPMS Light on when tire pressures are correct
Rattles in driver and passenger door

Does anybody have any TSB's or anything to tell the stealer to try to get them to fix this on the first shot?

check your spare for the TPMS issue

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
The spare doesn't have a sensor, TPMS light will illuminate when the spare is installed.

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
I made an appointment for this week to find out I made it for the dealership in a different state. I dont blame my wife, even though she did look up the number for me, because I promised I wouldnt. Should've have figured every state has at least one city called Jacksonville.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the responses

I went to the dealer this morning and was in and out in under an hour.

They fixed the TPMS Light Error they ordered the parts for the rears washer dribble. The rattles could not be heard today by the tech or myself. I am not sure why after I left the dealer I couldn't hear the rattles until I had been in the car for a few hours. Hopefully I can get an appointment when it is not raining and take the tech for a ride.

I also made friends($) with the service adviser and hope that I can receive top notch service like I did with my BMW. Taking care of your SA goes a long way I have had experience with 4 dealers with in the last few years and they have all been stellar and I have even got some stuff covered that really shouldn't have been covered.

Nick, I think your comment about making friends with the service adviser is great advice (although i am not sure what this meant $). We have owned 4 VW's since 2006, they have all been my wife's until the GTI, which i guess on some level is hers, and the first 2 beetles were not under any free oil changes etc., but i only paid for 3 oil changes in about 75k miles, and that was when oil changes were about 89 dollars each or 99.99 with a tire rotation. also oil changes were every 5K miles waaaaay back then. Every time i had any maintenance done, warranty, oil, etc. i always wrote an email to the Service manager and the General Manager, complimenting the service adviser and mechanics by Name. If i didn't like something, i talked to the service adviser, mano e mano, in a very tactful manner and have never had any problems, scheduling or fixing anything. it just boils down to human nature, golden rule kinda thing, and its mostly, totally honest and it yields results. I do have a history with them, it doesn't happen over night, but i think it is the way to go.

:)