GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

140 mph!!

rgs

Ready to race!
I have never gotten mine over 140 but it was still pulling. Just ran out of road. It is a new section of freeway that is not heavily travelled because it is a toll road. Only problem is there are lots of overpasses that the cops hide behind. I like to wait for someone who is speeding and let them get several overpasses ahead. If their brake lights don't come on, I am good to go.

eddiemk6

Passed Driver's Ed
http://youtu.be/coYaSx1kxxk

this is my gti from puerto rico bridge teodoro moscoso!! stage 2 no intercooler joms coils overs and yokohama advan neova tires!! stock size 251whp

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Why does it stop climbing!!! Im stg2 apr... Thought there was no governor!!!

I was able to get past 140mph and that was with two passengers who are both 240+lbs lol. Including myself I way 200lbs bymyself I was able to get 152mph.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I was able to get past 140mph and that was with two passengers who are both 240+lbs lol. Including myself I way 200lbs bymyself I was able to get 152mph.

lol...

one-forty......one-forty-one.......one....f..o..r..t..y....t..w..o......o..n..e.....f...o...r...t...y....t...h...r...e...e......

:D

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Do you really think so? Have you ever driven a well sorted out b6 s4? Everything is all speculation. I beat stage 3 b5's regularly. Mine went 11.9 on pump with only 6 psi from JHM's supercharger kit while short shifting second and screwing up my 2-3 shift. That was my first and only time on this setup. Should go much faster now that I'm used to it and also stripped the interior. Hoping to knock on 10's doors with this setup.

I also have a motor being worked on with forged rods, pistons and worked heads to where we are doubling the boost. Hoping to go deep into the 10's with that.

lol, so you basically are building a racecar, I would hope it would be fast. How much have you invested so far? I could make an old civic si with 160hp fast if I built the motor, strapped on a serious turbo and gutted the interior. There are civic hatches that run 10's, so the reality is that the conversation has to stay fairly apples to apples. What can the s4 do with simple bolt-ons or $5k-$8k invested in it. If you have the NA s4, unless you're putting NOS on it, you aren't getting serious gains in power. With $7k invested, including install, I have a nice gti with 366hp/388tq. With an s4, you're buying longtube headers, a chip, an intake and a catback and you're already at $6k, and it's making less whp than a k04 gti. Add in forced induction and its a serioius car, but at a serious price tag. While I understand that an s4 is a serious car and it could be a great platform for people to say, "alright this is the car to go all out," I'd rather save for a B8 where I can just add an ecu upgrade and a few boltons and be close to 400awhp. Most people, and most people on the forums even, aren't dropping $20k+ on their cars, especially on a gti that actually cost that much.

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
My was only able to hit 155 MPH in my Speed3 without the governor and going balls out on a 'closed circuit'. I still had about 800 RPM to go but it just couldn't push any further... and believe me, I had the power to back it up but I guess Physics won that battle :p