GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mk6 2.5l Build Thread

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
This thread has been a long time coming, but I've finally got around to doing it! I bought my golf in 2013, and i friggen love it. No mods for the first year because i was in my last year college and didn't really have any money. But once i started working its been never ending with car parts piling up in my house lol

First I started simple with some tint. 28% in the front and 8% in the back.
View attachment 50499

Next was the air intake; APR carbonio. Very nice sounding intake i must say, you can really hear it sucking past 3000rpm. Not going to get on here and say i felt any more power because i really never. But it has a nice sound, looks aggressive and a few hp here, and a few there can add up!
Here is the engine bay with the intake removed:
View attachment 50501

And the new apr intake:
View attachment 50502
View attachment 50507

Next was the short throw shifter. honestly can not remember which brand i went with but it was advertised as 30% shorter i due believe(may have been neuspeed). Must say it was quite noticeable and made the car more fun to drive. Heres a comparison of stock over the aftermarket:
View attachment 50503

Next i picked up some AWE peddles just for a nicer look inside. shitty picture but they look good in person. might take another an upload it if someone wants to see a good shot, but too lazy now haha
View attachment 50504

Next were the euro r20 tails. one of the nicest cosmetic mods to do in my opinion. they look great and the install is like 10 minutes so why not?
View attachment 50505
View attachment 50506

Next it was time for some wheels. Of course everyone would like to drop a few g's on a set of legit bbs wheels, but i wasn't in the position for that at the time. so i settled for some reps. The roads where i live are pretty bad as well so i wouldn't want bbs's on something i use as a daily in the summer. So here they are, Esm 004's in white. 18x8 et32. And for a rep they aint half bad.
View attachment 50508
View attachment 50509

And then the time came to get some more low. so i contacted Chaz at open road tuning and he hooked me up with a killer deal on the Air lift slammed series kit along with V2 management. Things were finally starting to come together!!

Rear bags going in:
rearinstall.jpg
rearinstall1.jpg
rearinstall2.jpg

frame notch on the front:
framenotch.jpg

Ran my V2 controller in through the dash.
runningv2.jpg
carplay.jpg

And then i started with the trunk. I really wanted to do something different with this, something that would turn heads and would be a real eye catcher. I think i achieved just that, real happy with the finished product. back in the trunk you can find a 400 watt rms kenwood sub, 500 watt rms amp, single 444cc compressor, 5 gallon polished tank, and all stainless steel hardlines. Then wrapped it in black vinyl.

Starting the fibreglass sub box:
trunk1.jpg
trunk2.jpg
trunk3.jpg

Used the spare tire area to mount the compressor, amp and management module. and used the thing for screwing down the spare to keep everything in place.
trunk4.jpg
trunk8.jpg

now framing out the sub box:
trunk6.jpg
trunk7.jpg
subbox.jpg

Finished product!!
finishedtrunk.jpg

And i couldn't do all this and leave the stock exhaust. So i picked up the usp motorsports test pipe with the high flow cat, and the beluga racing 2.5 inch non resonated gti catback.
exhaust.jpg

comparing the 2 catbacks:
exhaust-compairison.jpg

comparing the 2 test pipes:
testpipe.jpg

had to splice in a piece of 2.5 inch pipe because the gti cutback is shorter then the 2.5L.
splice.jpg

the tail pipes:
tailpipe.jpg

dat ass:
rearview.jpg

wanna hear it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPamGHnTJo

Thats as far as I've gotten to date! On the list for the future are:
-front lip and side skirts.
-install spm sway bars. (already have um)
-wrapping it red.
-new wheels that poke. 18x10's (looking for sponsor)
-Integrated engineering SRI, billet valve cover and fuel rail
-Catch can.
-TURBO!!!!!!

And heres a few pics how she sits now:
boats.jpg
parked.jpg
sideshot.jpg
stance2.jpg
front.jpg
stance3.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! if ya wanna see some more pics check out my instagram @bagged_newf. will also keep updating this as i go!

Attachments

• stance.jpg
    stance.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 508

Hadoukyuu

Passed Driver's Ed
Love the trunk. Great looking car! :thumbsup:

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Subbed to see how far you take it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you happen to know the approximate volume of the sub box?

No idea of the volume. However given the setup i was running, with all the other things i had to fit in the trunk, along with the length of the air tank and the size of the sub I really didn't have much room to worry about volume. i made it as big as i had to, to fit the sub. Yet as small as i could so the tank and everything under the false floor fit. In the end it sounds good and hits hard so i guess its in the ball park of correct volume haha.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
No idea of the volume. However given the setup i was running, with all the other things i had to fit in the trunk, along with the length of the air tank and the size of the sub I really didn't have much room to worry about volume. i made it as big as i had to, to fit the sub. Yet as small as i could so the tank and everything under the false floor fit. In the end it sounds good and hits hard so i guess its in the ball park of correct volume haha.

How much would you charge to make another one? PM a price if you're interested in doing so. :D