GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVi vs 2010 Honda Accord Coupe

kyle1

Passed Driver's Ed
IMO, the accord coupe is yet another in a long line of recent 'uninspired' designs from Honda. They're entire design department must be asleep. I don't think they make one vehicle anymore that appeals to me. I owned an 06 Si and dumped it after about 1.5 years.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Honda seems to have lost their way. They have exactly one (1) car that comes close to what I'm looking for and that's a Civic Si, but I won't buy.

I find them to be too "young" looking, zero low-end, and ugly interiors, albeit fairly quality. I'd rather keep my 96 Integra over anything honda/acura offers in the sporty car segment.

As far as the design of all the other hondas/acuras, they're currently all uninspiring. They're making success off reliability history and quality. I do like the looks of the current 2 door accord, but wouldn't own one.

Honda/Toyota are great companies, but don't offer much if anything for the enthusiast right now.

FT-86 where are you?

ch1pman

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't know how you compare these two cars really - apples and oranges.
Accord-comfort cruiser. Quiet, smooth ride.
GTI, fun, snappy german feel, much sportier ride.
I've read in more than one review that the interior of the MK6 is on par with Audi and I agree with this, I think you get more for the money with a VW. A great deal of parts and engineering is shared between the two brands, VW just specializes in mass production.
I've had a couple of Hondas, new and used. I thought they were decent cars, quality-wise they certainly were better than anything American at the time (80's)
Hondas have gotten better too, I wonder if Honda practices platform-sharing with Acura
the same way VW does with Audi and Porsche. (A little trivia - the Porsche Cayenne, VW Toureg and Audi QX7 are all built on the same chassis.)

I'm starting to ramble. Get a GTI.

ch1pman

Passed Driver's Ed
OH I forgot to mention aesthetics.

VW's just look great. They do. The lines are hip, the designs are always cool, they just rock and they make you look cool too. VW design is -- once again -- more than your moneys worth. It's not a TTS. But you are not paying for a TTS.

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
IMO, the accord coupe is yet another in a long line of recent 'uninspired' designs from Honda. They're entire design department must be asleep. I don't think they make one vehicle anymore that appeals to me. I owned an 06 Si and dumped it after about 1.5 years.

I've got you beat. I only had my 2009 Si Sedan for 11 months before trading it in for a 2010 GTI. :)

I've got you both beat, I owned a 2009 Ridgeline 11 months and then I'm trading my 2010 Ridgeline in on a GTI after two months.

RedDevil1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hondas have gotten better too, I wonder if Honda practices platform-sharing with Acura
the same way VW does with Audi and Porsche. (A little trivia - the Porsche Cayenne, VW Toureg and Audi QX7 are all built on the same chassis.)

I'm starting to ramble. Get a GTI.

I'd say Honda and Acura share platform for sure. (but dont cite me as authority)

as far as for VW and Porsche, Cayenne and Touareg were co-developed and hence share the same chassis (then VW used it again for the Audi Q7) - there is no other Porsche car that shares a platform with any VW-brand. But that might change since now Porsche and VW are now under one umbrella - like the rumours about a new Porsche entry-level roadster based on a VW platform.

jokerific

Ready to race!
I'd say Honda and Acura share platform for sure. (but dont cite me as authority)

They do - for example, the Acura TSX is the Euro Accord... The entire car is pretty much shared. The US-spec Accord shares a platform with the Acura TL.. and so on and so forth. I bet the CR-V and the RDX share.. (EDIT: they do.. they're both derived from the Civic.)

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Yeah and the Honda Pilot and Acura MDX share platform. Civic and RSX (R.I.P.) shared platform.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
This is funny!
posting something about a honda on a vw forum is like placing a lamb in a cage with a lion and expecting it to live hahaha
*Euro For Life*

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
This is funny!
posting something about a honda on a vw forum is like placing a lamb in a cage with a lion and expecting it to live hahaha
*Euro For Life*

and having a car forum without fanboi's is like being around Oprah with a bacon cheeseburger and not getting your hands bitten off

blaqkink

Ready to race!
Honda Accord Coupe is a great looking car, and I drove the V6 model, would not consider the V4. Now the Accord is essentially great for cruising and can go pretty fast. It is also very safe. And has a far more reliable history then VW. Now if you'd like a more agile car you could throw around town go with the GTI. And IMHO the interior of the GTI is far superior. And there is always that German sensibility we love, or grow to love if you haven't had the experience yet. Although the GTI is smaller, it feels much more connected to the road and planted than the Accord. So I guess you just have to figure out what feel you want at this point.

RedDevil1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah and the Honda Pilot and Acura MDX share platform. Civic and RSX (R.I.P.) shared platform.

honda pilot was my first car - was going for an Accord when my father said he would pay the difference if I go for it :drool:

This is my first post.

I just traded in my '08 Honda Accord, the first year of this body style, and I liked the car but it got boring, after realizing I wasn't having much fun I traded it in for a 6spd MKVI. I did that 4 days ago and I'm loving it

maddawg777

Passed Driver's Ed
honda accord v6 is a very fast car..it wont be the same inside the gti is better and handles better..
it is also quite big and bulky..depends on ur taste both are good cars

i like the sedan better than the coupe..

peace