GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Plac Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i like the s4 but the maintainance is like no tomorrow from what i heard, id personally get the x1 if only they offer manual in the us market. i got in the x1 once and i like the way it is on the inside, its like more modern gti with increased ride height

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
i like the s4 but the maintainance is like no tomorrow from what i heard, id personally get the x1 if only they offer manual in the us market. i got in the x1 once and i like the way it is on the inside, its like more modern gti with increased ride height

What maintenance? On a new car its basically oil changes mostly... then dual clutch service at 40k and a few filters here and there...

C4L

Banned
What maintenance? On a new car its basically oil changes mostly... then dual clutch service at 40k and a few filters here and there...

On a car like that it would be best to adhere to the routine maintenacne schedule which is going to call for $200-$400k service visits every 10k miles or so. Unless you did some of that stuff yourself of course but it will still need to be done nonetheless.

Just like the GTI if we didn't get free routine maintenance...

C4L

Banned

The additional cost of a new X1 over a CPO S4 will be more than enough to cover maintenance, no?

BMW offers 'free' maintenance but their cars cost more at the onset. It's not really as free as it is with say VW who just decided to add it in 2009/2010 (?) without any increase in MSRP...

I would look for a 2010/2011 CPO S4 for $40k-$45k or so and call it a day.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
we finally agree on something^

Also, they will have AudiCare available for oil changes, plugs, etc, that can be added on at time of purchase of the CPO.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The reason my car life is so messed up: I want to have FUN every-single-time i drive anywhere. Very few vehicles can meet that requirement, nor are they really supposed to. I'm getting in my car in 10 mins to drive home from work. I expect it to be an EPIC ride, full of 3/4 throttle runs with a couple fulls mixed in.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
S4 meets that bill. Great DD, has utility, has AWD, has the POWAH.

YOU BUY.

NOW.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Bender1

Banned
The reason my car life is so messed up: I want to have FUN every-single-time i drive anywhere. Very few vehicles can meet that requirement, nor are they really supposed to. I'm getting in my car in 10 mins to drive home from work. I expect it to be an EPIC ride, full of 3/4 throttle runs with a couple fulls mixed in.

I am very curious how a baby seat fits in the back of the S4 for when you start doing your comparos...

Noize

Go Kart Champion
I don't think of any Audi/VW as cars that handle (outside of the R8), and I've never been impressed with the S4. You need to merge those two vehicle choices you have into one great car, because 40K is used E90/E92 M3 money, and it will resale better than an S4 as well as destroy one on a racetrack.

Edit: Definitely check your math, if you're talking gross alone and $60/weekly is 2% of your income, than $3000/weekly would be 100% of your income, making you at $156k annually by yourself. That's more than a lot of household incomes where the wife works too. If it's right, quit slummin' with us GTI guys. ;)

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
oh man.. the facelift is straight out tits.

I still have yet to see my buddy's '13 S4 that he leased.

I swear though, if my wife was back workin', I'd probably be in a 2011 CPO'd S4 by the end of the year..

The pre 2013s just look dated now... The new headlights are great, the interior was quite ramped up as well. Better steering wheel/shifter, navi screen with google maps etc.

A new S4 starts at 47, so paying 40-45k for a CPO is not a good value. 35-40k maybe, but those tend to have highish miles, and are 3+ model years old.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I don't think of any Audi/VW as cars that handle, and I've never been impressed with the S4. You need to merge those two vehicle choices you have into one great car, because 40K is used E90/E92 M3 money, and it will resale better than an S4 as well as destroy one on a racetrack.

Some truth to this for sure... I have been looking at those cars lately (E9X M)... but the S4 gets better mpg, has an actual usable back seat and a better interior.

The m3 on the other hand sounds better and would prob handle better, resale is stronger as well given that previous gen S models are pretty much worthless.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
A new S4 starts at 47, so paying 40-45k for a CPO is not a good value. 35-40k maybe, but those tend to have highish miles, and are 3+ model years old.

but no one would want an option-less new S4 for $47k, not to mention zero dealers would have any.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
S4 meets that bill. Great DD, has utility, has AWD, has the POWAH. YOU BUY. NOW.

this is towards Fall 2013 or so. The wifes choice should come first, hers is a 2009 with 39k miles. My GTI has about 22k miles. But, when she gets her new car and new car payment.. it may just push me out of the changing car picture for longer than i expect. At least the Xterra is paid off and we have $16k-$17k in private sale value. That will be her down. Only problem is, she's looking at $40k cars too.. Ford Explorer.. Honda Pilot.. boring stuff to me. I'm going on my 4 mile run now, so i can daydream about cars the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.