GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new generation DNS 810/610/510 head units (RNS-510 alternative)

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
Thoughts on upcoming DNS 810 (revamped ANS 810) from Audiosources?
Is anyone from here jumping on that AU group buy?
Would be nice if a vendor here pick up these HUs and do GB

Source:
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...dns-head-units-rns-510-alternative-86336.html

Specs and features:
Cortex-A9 1.2Ghz Dual Core CPU
ARM Mali-400 GPU
512mb RAM
Capacitive Multi-touch touchscreen
OEM Philips radio module with factory FAKRA connections - no more signal woes
OEM themed interface, no cheap, tacky UIs

Full OEM integration including:

Full steering wheel controls compatibility out of the box
multi-line MFD display showing song name, artist, radio station, frequency etc
Full OPS / IPAS integration capable of showing sensors + camera feed simultaneously
On-screen door prompt display
On-screen AC information display (for 2009+ models)
Built-in Bluetooth with searchable phonebook and music streaming
Built-in DSP module for high clarity sound exceeding OEM quality
Full line-level audio outputs (incl. subwoofer out) for aftermarket sound system connection
Android mirror linking function - connect your Android Smartphone and fully control it using your DNS unit's screen
NO battery drain issues
OBDII functions with optional module
Trip recorder functions with optional module

Last edited:

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I want one, but my ANS-810 current generation (which is a GREAT unit!) will have to do for now. Unless someone wants to buy it off me :)

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
I want one, but my ANS-810 current generation (which is a GREAT unit!) will have to do for now. Unless someone wants to buy it off me :)

how do you like the output quality compared to stock? does your ANS push more power to speakers than say a RCD 510?
I wonder if ANS/DNS can handle better aftermarket speakers w/o an amp dedicated for that. I have a mono amp+sub and would like keep that way.
btw, does your ANS have RCA subwoofer output?

Last edited:

MADAZH3LL

Look to the ANS810 install thread, guy there was gonna be testing newest unit from AS, wonder if he can start a group buy.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
how do you like the output quality compared to stock? does your ANS push more power to speakers than say a RCD 510?
I wonder if ANS/DNS can handle better aftermarket speakers w/o an amp dedicated for that. I have a mono amp+sub and would like keep that way.
btw, does your ANS have RCA subwoofer output?

Yup mine has RCA outs and sub out too. Sound quality rocks compared to stock.

pwc123

If mirror link works I don't care if it doesn't have US maps since I'd be using Google Maps via the phone anyway. It's pretty compelling... Hmm

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
If mirror link works I don't care if it doesn't have US maps since I'd be using Google Maps via the phone anyway. It's pretty compelling... Hmm

Yep, I'd have waze running on that bad boy all the time.... very interested to hear reviews of this unit!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am contacting Audiosource about the new HU.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
mirrorlink is severly limited.......... I have a Sony with Mirror link, and had to research the hacked mirrorlink app........ only then did it allow correct functioning. Samsung app issue, not a sony issue BTW

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
honestly I could care less about GPS Navi. I seldom use navigation and mainly use Google Maps since it's live and always updated.
I really have hopes for this unit to provide quality sound w/o amplifier to aftermarket speakers with OEM like integration and looks. And of course 8" DVD is just a huge bonus.

edit: I see the source thread was updated with new info since I checked. Mirrorlink is awesome feature! very excited now

Last edited:

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
The MirrorLink feature makes my mouth water. Using Google Maps on the large screen would be incredible.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Are there any resellers here in america that will sell this with US maps already loaded in ready to rock?

Also curious about Sirius sat radio