GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Splitter Support Rods

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Is anyone using support rods on the front splitter of their choice? If so where did you mount them? Based on the TRC splitter I have I can get away with a set of 6" or 8" Longacre support rods or APR support rods but in terms of mounting them to the bumper, the most center I can get is to the right/left of the lower center grill (in-between the fog light shroud and lower center grill on each sides.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
That's the exact issue I have been trying to figure out and those are the best places I can think of. I purchased a custom splitter and I don't trust just a few bolts in the bottom of the bumper.

Do you happen to know what you are going to use in order to mount the splitter to the bottom of your car?

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I used nuts and bolts to mount mine to the bottom of my bumper, it's not going anywhere

SuperSkyline891

Passed Driver's Ed
If that location doesn't work for you you could have the rods pass through the lower grille and mount to the crash beam. I'd just go with them beside the foglights though, they won't be seeing much aerodynamic load with this splitter so location isn't as critical as it would with a fully functional one. I'm assuming you're looking for a sense of security from the piece falling off?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Exactly, it's more for ease of mind that the center of my splitter is not waving or peeling off my front end. First go around I used larger washers under the splitter and then the nuts on the inside of the bumper but then I stressed myself out that I didn't use washers on the inside under the nut now. I'm going to take the bumper off, install the splitter rods and then re-secure everything with washers inside the bumper. That should do the trick.