GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autocross/Daily

pertzborn99

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 2012 GTI with APR Stage 2, I autocross and daily my GTI. I am needing new tires (continental Extreme Contact DWS 06) anyone have this? I am seeing amazing review but I would like to see what you guys think.

Amoore

No experience with those, but they would likely make a good daily tire. Would not make a great autocross tire. Do you need the all season capability?

Personally I would look at a summer only tire.

pertzborn99

Passed Driver's Ed
No experience with those, but they would likely make a good daily tire. Would not make a great autocross tire. Do you need the all season capability?

Personally I would look at a summer only tire.

Not necessarily. I live in Dallas so I don't have to worry about snow, we do get quite a bit of rain. I was looking at summer and all season in the same search query and this is the tire (in my price range) that got the best review from Z06, carreras, to GTI's haha

If you have any suggestions let me know I'm open to almost everything

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
The DWS 06 won't help at all (will be destroyed), I have them just (for road trips during winter while not losing dry drivability ,like you do with dedicated winter tires). Unless you don't mind with $$$, go for it.

For AutoX & daily related, you need at least Max. performance tires such as Conti Extreme contact ones, Michelin PSS or Go a bit wild & trade some speed on the rain for a more dedicated extreme performance tire such as Dunlop Direzza ZII or similar. You can drive them when dry and no less than 30 degrees outside & you will be fine! These tires might last 2 seasons completely.

SuperSkyline891

Passed Driver's Ed
Michelin PSS has a bit of a soft sidewall for autocross but it's a good balance for a dual duty car. Just run it at a high pressure for autocross.

Amoore

I agree with the above statements. I've heard nothing but good things about the Michelin PSS. But if you want to sacrifice some ride quality, noise and life for autocross performance the already mentioned Dunlop ZII should do well.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I haven't been able to make DDing Extreme Summer last more than a season, mainly because by the end of it the tires are quire terrible as DD even if they might still work on autoX course, rain becomes a problem.

But that might be an issue anyway if you do more than 10-15 events a season...

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have Conti Extreme contact DW (summer tires not the All season). I dont Auto X but from a DD stand point i love these tires. They have amazing wet and dry traction and they are rather cheap in my area (about 130 per tire) I think i paid like 670 installed with certificates for repair/replace from discount tire.

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!
I have Conti Extreme contact DW (summer tires not the All season). I dont Auto X but from a DD stand point i love these tires. They have amazing wet and dry traction and they are rather cheap in my area (about 130 per tire) I think i paid like 670 installed with certificates for repair/replace from discount tire.

Couldn't agree more. DWS is an all season, and a good one but your compromising compared to the DW which is not meant for snow at all.

The DW will give you amazing wet/ dry traction for the money, still okay for occasional HPDE or Auto-x day. With you being in TX you can run them year round!

I swap mine out in the bad months here, boo Ohio weather.