GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheap Downpipes

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
If you want a cheap option get a ebay downpipe, theres a number of people who have one installed and have had no problems. another option is the beluga downpipe pretty much the same as an ebay downpipe. both are catless. if you want a catted downpipe, the cheapest would be ARM motorsport they also have a catless option. or search the forum for a used downpipe.

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
x2 On the eBay downpipe. Had one on my previous GTI and just bought another for my current.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
That one you posted is a chinese catted downpipe ive seen around on ebay and aliexpress. Im sure it would work fine if you want to go the catted route. There arent many cheap catted downpipes under $300. If you want a cheap catless downpipe they are $100 on ebay

adam.mk6.gti

+1 on the ebay catless pipe. been running one on stage 2 APR tune for over a year now.

Even purchasing one of these pipes plus a high-flow 200cel cat and getting an exhaust shop to weld it up is still half the price of a name brand downpipe. You can install the de-cat and see if you like the throaty sound of it or not then consider cat. TBH you will be pleased with the de-cat pipe.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
if you want cats get ARM Dp, if catless get a ebay Dp. Make sure to get better v-bands and gaskets

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Same as this one
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/200...20140008.html?spm=2114.search0306.4.54.wXA4dd

Only issues that id be worried about is the quality of the chinese cat, and for some reason for every ad ive seen with this downpipe it never shows the picture of the bracket mounts hardware, does it even come with it? What I did was get the $100 ebay downpipe then welded in a high quality metal core cat which flows a lot better than a ceramic cat.

Jsparr123

I would prefer a catted dp as I have to do emissions testing every year, does anybody have a link for the ebay dp though? I am a CBFA engine so I need a dp that has the extra o2 sensor bung, if that makes a difference.