GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for the perfect exhaust

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Ive got a catless/ non resonated downpipe mated to a magnaflow catback. Very deep and throaty. Awesome when WOT. But also drony between 50-60mph. I suggest a catted dp if you get a magnaflow catback. I love the sound. But I do a lot of highwas driving and its just a bit too much drone for me.

Good to know. I already have a magnaflow cbe but I'll be going stage 2 soon so I ordered a catless DP. In 4 the drones lol

Along The Razor's Edge

Ready to race!
You can always add a resonator to your downpipe, it helps a lot. I did a suitcase delete (leaving stock resonator). With a catted downpipe I thought it there was way too much drone (I do a lot of highway miles). Added a Magnaflow resonator to downpipe and it fixed it for me. Car is fairly quiet at idle, nice deep tone on acceleration.

songyun

Ready to race!
heard a lot saying cts . im current with 42dd + mangaflow catback. i love the mgf, but the 42dd dp makes some drone(dsg btw). got used to it already.

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
Neuspeed cbe and the cts turbo carted downpipe sounds pretty good for the money!! Not akropovic, but most people won't spend that much I think.

2013 DBP GTI - Revotechnik Stage 2 - Neuspeed Catback - CTS catted Downpipe - Black Smoke Depo LED tails - Neuspeed Sport Springs - H&R 10mm spacers

anticon

Ready to race!
I've never heard a clip that does the APR TBE justice. Many other systems sound great, but I'd never switch. It's the best note I'd expect to hear from a 4-popper, and I've received A LOT of compliments on it from people who aren't into VWs/4-cyls. Yes, it's a little pricey, but it is stainless and sounds amazing. It looks pretty damned sexy, too.
You can look at my sig and say I'm an APR fanboy, but they certainly haven't steered me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anticon

Ready to race!
I heard some mention of Akropovic? First I've heard of it, but it doesn't sound close to good in the videos. I guess it depends on what you're going for, but if it's beefy, go with APR or the 42DD deal. Not this crap vvv(link), which sounds and looks like poor taste garbage, imo. I dislike the entire car. The beat is pretty dope, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DpRudXbbkg

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
What you want is a catted nonresonated downpipe and a vanguard catback. Its raspy and diesely down low but sounds really nasty WOT. it sounds throaty and raspy at the same time under wot, don't know how to explain it. depending on the downpipe it might be the cheapest option too.

Some that sound raspy down low sound really thin and tinny up top. I heard a MBS catless the other day and it sounded horrible WOT but just like mine down low at normal driving. Only thing that sucks about my setup is it doesnt snap and pop that much. Otherwise sounds great.

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
I heard some mention of Akropovic? First I've heard of it, but it doesn't sound close to good in the videos. I guess it depends on what you're going for, but if it's beefy, go with APR or the 42DD deal. Not this crap vvv(link), which sounds and looks like poor taste garbage, imo. I dislike the entire car. The beat is pretty dope, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DpRudXbbkg

Yuck. What a waste of $2,000. That sounds weak!! It's a much softer sound, more euro.

2013 DBP GTI - Revotechnik Stage 2 - Neuspeed Catback - CTS catted Downpipe - Black Smoke Depo LED tails - Neuspeed Sport Springs - H&R 10mm spacers

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
CTS exhaust products move well. Lot of people like their exhaust sound as well as their quality for the price.

Catback
http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/cts-turbo-3-catback-exhaust-10-13-gti-cts-exh-cb-0002

Agreed. I'm very happy with my downpipe. I have it mated to a neuspeed cat back. Sound is great for $1,600.