GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving in CO vs. lower elevation

yankle

Ready to race!
I've only ever driven my gti in CO. Anyone take theirs to lower elevation? Is there a noticeable improvement in performance?

micah360

Ready to race!
I've driven to Kansas City and back. And yeah.. it felt a tad stronger at lower elevations.

MadRabbit1

Ready to race!
The car feels stronger at lower altitude. You lose about 1% hp per 1000 feet above sea level. Be thankful you don't have a normally aspirated car, they lose about 3% per 1000 feet. How did you guys do in the last snow storm?

micah360

Ready to race!
How did you guys do in the last snow storm?

got the Blizzaks on the GTI... they did pretty good. But our side streets were deep! The Routan with the Hankooks did awesome!

yankle

Ready to race!
Nice pics! I kept the gti in the garage most of the time (drive a 4wd in the snow) but did take it out occasionally afterwards and it did pretty well on spotty ice and packed snow with the stock a/s.

yankle

Ready to race!
The car feels stronger at lower altitude. You lose about 1% hp per 1000 feet above sea level. Be thankful you don't have a normally aspirated car, they lose about 3% per 1000 feet. How did you guys do in the last snow storm?

Thanks MR, I didn't know that. Good to keep in mind when looking at turbo upgrades :)

MadRabbit1

Ready to race!
Micah, love the Routan shot. We put Yokohama's on our Honda Odyssey. best tires yet for that 7000 pound beast, but they did great in the snow.

I out Nokian Hakkappelita R's on the GTi. Amazing tire, absolute snow perfection.

Yankle, ECS is having a good turbo sale right now. Im looking at HPFP and K04. i need to add some fun to next spring. :)

yankle

Ready to race!
Damn 1349 is a good price. I'm probably going to do a K04 or stage 3 ugprade in the spring...haven't decided yet. I did talk to Scott over at 3zero3 about installing some suspension parts. Probably will do that soon just deciding on whether or not to do the sways with it. It's gonna be a fun year:w00t:

And I told Scott that you sent me!