GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 GTI vs everything?

JhnR

Banned
oh snap

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I don't mind the looks I get as long as their not planning on jacking my car. As far as challenges I just hate the ones coming from ricers. They get all showy and I know most likely all they got is some huge fart can and some CAI. IMHO waste of my gas. If I see a nice Honda Mugen civic I will take the challenge as well as challenges from nice euro cars.

Iono I just find it foreign that people are challenging me. I've never had this issue in the past lol.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Iono I've been having to much fun ever since the 1,000 mile break in. 1,000 miles of babying really gets to you lol.

I need someone to install valet mode and hide the key from me.

1,000 mile break in? Babying for 1,000 miles?

gtfo, how'd you do that? why'd you do that?

I've put less than 150miles on my new gti, and the last thing I can think of is babying it. :burnrubber:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
1,000 mile break in? Babying for 1,000 miles?

gtfo, how'd you do that? why'd you do that?

I've put less than 150miles on my new gti, and the last thing I can think of is babying it. :burnrubber:

I have another car I can bash on :D I did it for hopes of better gas mileage and longer engine life.

redjag67

I'm bone stock other than some tint and I get assholes in Hondas and nissans wanting to race all the time. Idiots.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yhxzjn
Bad ass chicks that drive VW GTI ROCK! I say that because I am one. I've just had my GTI almost 1 year and already have all the upgrades through stage 2 with APR exaust. I'm always looking for trouble on the road especially with my Valentine installed!

Stay a bad ass chick and never let the guys push you around! Girls Rock especially driving a tricked out GTI!!!

redjag67

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I found the key to staying away from challenges is simple! Drive Slow. Drive slightly slower than the flow of traffic. The cherry on top is the better gas mileage :)

Another way is to make the ultimate sleeper. Trade parts with a golf 2.5 and viola.

McQueen77

Banned
i save it for the occasional mustang (its always meatheads in mustangs, it seems) that tries to pull a fast one on the highway and pass me on the right or something to cut me off. they are always so pissed when I punch it, close the gap and watch them almost plow into the back of a semi because they assume their douchemobile is the fastest thing on the road.. them and the guys in the huge dodge rams, chevy tahoes and F150s, just screaming down the road like 'get out of my way!'.. those guys get fuming angry when they get smoked by a little 'slug bug'.

and the ricers... i don't even look at them. i already feel bad enough for them that they have a big wing on the back of their old civics or whatever. i mean, they probably had to work like, double weekend shifts at best buy for a whole summer to buy that spoiler.. gotta go easy on those kids.

i love that the car is a sleeper. wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I was dropping one of my guys off at the barracks yesterday and some black kid walked by with electronics boxes in his hands and said "Nice car but I'd walk the shit out of it in my Eclipse"...Stupid boot.

Even if he has a brand new GT he has no chance.

My wife used to tease me about thinking everyone is challenging me, then she started driving the car...on the way home last night she tried to take on a Mustang, who wasn't paying attention. When my car was stock she couldn't understand why I wanted to spend $700+ for an ECU tune and labor...but now she begs for the keys all the time and keeps asking me when I'm going to go stage 2.

She had a '03 Mustang GT. If anyone has been around the San Diego area for a while (past 10 years or so) and remembers seeing a silver/gray Mustang GT convertible with hot pink racing seats...yeah.

I hate to admit it but I think she's more of a thrill junkie than I am :/

McQueen77

Banned
I was dropping one of my guys off at the barracks yesterday and some black kid walked by with electronics boxes in his hands and said "Nice car but I'd walk the shit out of it in my Eclipse"...Stupid boot.

Even if he has a brand new GT he has no chance.

My wife used to tease me about thinking everyone is challenging me, then she started driving the car...on the way home last night she tried to take on a Mustang, who wasn't paying attention. When my car was stock she couldn't understand why I wanted to spend $700+ for an ECU tune and labor...but now she begs for the keys all the time and keeps asking me when I'm going to go stage 2.

She had a '03 Mustang GT. If anyone has been around the San Diego area for a while (past 10 years or so) and remembers seeing a silver/gray Mustang GT convertible with hot pink racing seats...yeah.

I hate to admit it but I think she's more of a thrill junkie than I am :/

wow. you're lucky. my wife doesn't ever want to drive my car. she hates driving and says it has too much power. super.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
wow. you're lucky. my wife doesn't ever want to drive my car. she hates driving and says it has too much power. super.

Fortunately for me, as said, she's a thrill addict. Her folks have plenty of fast toys (her dad's Yamaha snowmobile is turbocharged and all the sleds are tuned for race gas), she got the aforementioned Mustang when she was 16, then her dad "borrowed" it for a couple weeks and she got it back with twin turbos, killer system...and her mom got her the hot pink custom embroidered racing seats.

She loves my little "go kart" as she calls it, small as it is. Says she'll never put a car seat in it, but more because she doesn't want a little monster destroying my interior. I want to get her a Touareg eventually, but she loves her Prius.

After she treated me to dinner last night (during which I imbibed too much beer) I gave her the keys to drive us home and she had plenty of fun...taking a 180 degree hairpin onramp at 30mph over the suggested limit...Then floored it :D

I'm so glad she can drive a stick, AND is a good driver, AND can drive like a maniac properly.

McQueen77

Banned
Fortunately for me, as said, she's a thrill addict. Her folks have plenty of fast toys (her dad's Yamaha snowmobile is turbocharged and all the sleds are tuned for race gas), she got the aforementioned Mustang when she was 16, then her dad "borrowed" it for a couple weeks and she got it back with twin turbos, killer system...and her mom got her the hot pink custom embroidered racing seats.

She loves my little "go kart" as she calls it, small as it is. Says she'll never put a car seat in it, but more because she doesn't want a little monster destroying my interior. I want to get her a Touareg eventually, but she loves her Prius.

After she treated me to dinner last night (during which I imbibed too much beer) I gave her the keys to drive us home and she had plenty of fun...taking a 180 degree hairpin onramp at 30mph over the suggested limit...Then floored it :D

I'm so glad she can drive a stick, AND is a good driver, AND can drive like a maniac properly.

wow. thats impressive. at least my wife can drive stick and 'hates automatics' in her words.. when we looked at the GTI, I drove one with the DSG and the dealer was going on and on about how it was not a traditional auto, etc. etc. and she was like "but it doesn't have a clutch pedal.. so its not a manual.. and it says 'p' 'd' and 'n'.. " love her for that

Last edited:

Mk6nub

Passed Driver's Ed
interesting enough, i get a lot of 350 and 370Z that want to race in my area.. also against a WRX(not sure of mods, but they put the money into carbon fiber hood) he pulled only about a half car from 40-100. never raced theze Z's, just played some cat and mouse with them on the highway. curious to see what an mk6 could do against them.

Currently i only have BSH intake and Nuespeed short shift kit.

Airforce131

Ready to race!
i save it for the occasional mustang (its always meatheads in mustangs, it seems) that tries to pull a fast one on the highway and pass me on the right or something to cut me off. they are always so pissed when I punch it, close the gap and watch them almost plow into the back of a semi because they assume their douchemobile is the fastest thing on the road.. them and the guys in the huge dodge rams, chevy tahoes and F150s, just screaming down the road like 'get out of my way!'.. those guys get fuming angry when they get smoked by a little 'slug bug'.

and the ricers... i don't even look at them. i already feel bad enough for them that they have a big wing on the back of their old civics or whatever. i mean, they probably had to work like, double weekend shifts at best buy for a whole summer to buy that spoiler.. gotta go easy on those kids.

i love that the car is a sleeper. wouldn't have it any other way.

Hahaha....couldn't agree more! Very well said!