GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 csg build

koko58691

Ready to race!
Finally stole the mk6 out from under the wife.

Some backstory, scroll to the pictures for cliffnotes:
The wife was a nanny for a family with 2 kids. Plus she took our (then) 2 year old boy with her to work. In order to take the kids out for adventures and such, she needed something with 3rd row seating. So we sold the 02 a6 and went and got an 07 Tahoe. The family thought it was a great idea.
Then a week later they mention they're 900k in debt, going bankrupt, losing their house and both cars. Soooo, fml. Now I have a car payment, she's out of a job and is successfully getting -93mpg.
New job with a new family. Needed something better with gas economy. Traded the tahoe in on a lease turn in. A 2010 csg gti with 12k miles. Couple small ugly spots here and there but she loved it.
Now I've had my mk4 24v gti for 8 years. And after starting a family, buying a house, and 2 part outs of my car, it became just a mode of transportation I could still beat the craps out of. But, it was ugly as sin, and after being neglected, falling apart.

Tax season comes around and I tell her I'm dumping a couple grand into the mk4 to get it back up to spec. She was like :mad::banghead::eek::screwy:. I was like :thumbup::). So we agreed I would take the mk6 and we'd get her something else. An 06 a4. White with black leather. All the bells and whistles.

Now I've had this plan in mind for a while. Mission accomplished. :D:thumbup:

8 hours after buying the mk6 and bringing it home the neighbor made the first mod:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::thumbdown:

So I went out and got the notch filled :D:).
Threw some Koni coils on it. All the way down. Something like 23.5" up front.Along with laminx fog covers. And painted the grill.strips a magenta type color for her. The color combo has really grown on me, and although I hate the pink/purple trend, I think im going to keep the scheme.

Threw on stage 1

A little of this

The only part of my mk4 I kept

Added this

All with the help of this guy

He's my homie and right hand man in the garage.
A shot at h2o.

Bought the hpa shortshifter that was suppose to be fine for the mk6 6 speed. One problem, didn't work on 40% reduction. Modification necessary to the counterweight.

Bought an eBay 3" catless dp off the neighbor for $50. Couldn't beat it. Just had to reweld the hanger.

Started cleaning up the bay a little. I honestly don't know what half the stuff is :confused:, but figuring it out.

Basically I have 14k In parts already planned. Should pretty much make the car a perfect toy.
The only thing I will not physically be doing myself is the building of the motor, LSD, and turbo setup.
Its not that I can't, its I'm getting older and would just rather have the piece of mind and be able to point the finger if something goes south.

Last edited:

koko58691

Ready to race!
26.6k and the clutch started slipping.
Greattttt.

Quick wash and wipedown.

Getting to smoothing out the engine cover insert.

Probably do it in low gloss black.

Tried cleaning up some stuff. Flipping the maf, etc.
Still don't know what half the stuff is :sly: but getting there. The disaster of fuel and coolant lines by the bubble desperately need something.
And the Evap purge valve as well.

The fuel pressure is something rotate.ridiculous for the fsi and Tsi motors right?

Last edited: