GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: BSH PR1 Intake Golf R 2012/13

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
FS: BSH PR1 Inake . Has 6k miles on it. Swapped over to EVO MS . Selling for 270.00 shipped within US. This intake is awesome and is also a sealed system.

Retail is 499.99 - http://www.deepsouthtuning.com/shop/bsh-phoenix-rising-pr

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
I believe the DV is located on the bottom of the engine right? just need to make sure the recirculating tube will reach. on the Golf R the DV is in the front as you can see. Other than that it'll work fine on MK6 GTI.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
Well this intake is awesome in every way except one thing that I don't like. The redesign of this intake is for shorter distance to the intake manifold and to seal off from engine heat by cornering it on the left side and using the OEM air vent from the grill to push more fresh air into the filter.

By doing this you have to remove the OEM hood strut and replace it with a manual prop up.

When I got my car tuned at the performance shop the dude who was working on my car forgot I had it and closed my hood with the prop still up. Resulting to bending my hood. It's no biggie because the shop got me a new hood and all but I get paranoid about it every now and then. So if your interested in the intake. Thats the only real downside in my opinion. I got the Evoms because some guy was parting it out for pretty cheap and it's more of a OEM. Evoms is made of cheaper parts compare to BSH which is all alum and powder coated. The evoms is Hard plastic.

Thats my honest opinion. BTW the car pulls really hard with this intake. I noticed I lost that feeling when I switched over to the evoms. Above 3k rpm it's like a nitous boost went off.

wbean

attention whore
i just got one from my shop and its going in on saturday to replace my BMC CDA carbon intake so wondering if i made a good choice.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
It's a good intake by itself if you don't mind the manual hood strut thing. If your careful about who you take your car in the future you will be fine. I just didn't like someone can easily close the hood while the prop is still up. When when I was at the dealership I stressed multiple times that it's a manual prop and not automatic so please be careful. Thats my only downside of of this intake.