GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Ya the stock cover has a baffle in it. If you pull that cover off the underside of the valve cover it is just empty space....
I did some reading on the 2.5 Valve Cover, yes there is something that VW refers to as a cam splash shield that functions as a baffle making the oily vapor air take a longer route before it gets to the Air/Oil Separator diaphragm area.

The valve cover used on the TTRS looks like it can be bolted to our engine, and seem to be using the same PCV Diaphragm. I doubt there would be any performance gain, ...but more expensive part to be sure.

Dartregor

Ready to race!
What is the number for the NGK plugs you are putting in. I probably need to change my coils and plugs as well with the car hitting 120K today..they are probably the same ones that came with the car back in 2011 because i never changed them and I got the car with 44K on it.

Found a box. Hopefully this helps you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Those are Premium for sure, best price I found here

$9.95 USD each x 5

The plugs on the untuned 2.5s seem to last over 100k miles (160k km) easily. I changed mine at about 100k km with cheap copper ones (<$3) but the originals were still good, kept the originals JIC but now over 200k km on the coppers and they still ok. I've been known to rev the pi$$ out o the engine, but my kid does'nt rev it as much but he floors it at low revs (kid doesn't know the meaning of gas mileage) so if the plug is weak it would show then.

Thanks Dartregor, this reminds me I should remove them and check the gaps.

By comparison the 2.0T TSI eats plugs, I was replacing 'em at 70k km just before they go bad and cause a code.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Last night removed the P-Flo Intake kit and Skunk2 Velocity Stack/Filter.

Ya I know I'm going in reverse as to what you guys do. I play around too much, my kid hates it but loves it when I find something really good, like the new ignition advance map, a couple of guys already checked it out. :thumbsup:

Dartregor

Ready to race!
I've been known to rev the pi$$ out o the engine, but my kid does'nt rev it as much but he floors it at low revs (kid doesn't know the meaning of gas mileage) so if the plug is weak it would show then.

Thanks Dartregor, this reminds me I should remove them and check the gaps.

By comparison the 2.0T TSI eats plugs, I was replacing 'em at 70k km just before they go bad and cause a code.

haha yeah I'm the same way sometimes but i rev the nuts off my car also. i really enjoy the way it sounds above 3200

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
What is the number for the NGK plugs you are putting in. I probably need to change my coils and plugs as well with the car hitting 120K today..they are probably the same ones that came with the car back in 2011 because i never changed them and I got the car with 44K on it.

NGK #4435, cheap price and great performance

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Yeah i got that kit back on black friday when it was 20% off. So i paid like $135 for the 5 coils and the spark plugs. Hard to pass that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naffy

Passed Driver's Ed
yesterday i installed r8 ignition coils and changed out oe plugs to ngk platinums. Feeling a little better now! (@66k miles currently, plugs definitely needed changing.)

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
yesterday i installed r8 ignition coils and changed out oe plugs to ngk platinums. Feeling a little better now! (@66k miles currently, plugs definitely needed changing.)
The Stage 2 Tune will have an effect on the life of the plugs, due to the leaner mixture and more aggressive ignition advance.

Enjoy!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Could be, hes selling with the APR filter and water cover for 300 or with a p-flow for 250.
I'll bet with the P-Flo filter installed it will perform just as well, let him keep his APR Filter, if you want the Carbonio buy it with the P-Flo.

The APR Carbonio for the 2.5 maybe the Holy Grail of cold air intakes for all the Cafe Racers. It is a true cold air intake (hence requires a water shield) but doesn't show any better performance than the other intake systems on the market. This is most likely because Carbonio is built to look great and for sound rather than performance (varying pipe size that slow high speed air flow).

All the guys who actually "know" are selling them to get their money back and installing P-Flows or something else. Why, ...the Carbonio is extreme delicate, alot of them are cracked, or will crack soon. Carbon fibre can be easily repaired but from outside the fix will always look like a "Fix". A repair from inside will make the opening slightly smaller in diameter by adding a metal liner or more carbon fibre.

Lol Getting off the soap box now and :fighting0030: putting on flame suit :flame:

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
The mod bug is getting worse and worse! Picked up parts for a DIY intake yesterday while crossing the border to pick up a spoiler extension and GTI valance. Managed to snag a set of GTI pedals as well off the forum. lLoks like my weekend will be dedicated to car time!

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
The mod bug is getting worse and worse! Picked up parts for a DIY intake yesterday while crossing the border to pick up a spoiler extension and GTI valance. Managed to snag a set of GTI pedals as well off the forum. lLoks like my weekend will be dedicated to car time!
Let us know how it turned out

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Didn’t have time to do the intake yesterday, but managed to get these GTI pedals in. Pretty easy to do and looks great! Only struggle I had was removing the accelerator pedal. Next up, vacuuming my dirty ass carpets :rolleyes: