GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 GTI DSG (Stock) vs 2004 STI (Modded)

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
A buddy and I went out for a little run in the mountains in the morning and after we came along this long stretch of road on the way back home, decided to do a 3rd gear pull ... obviously got beat but kind of surprised that I held on for a little bit. Would a K04 be on par with a modded sti or would it still get beat ?

ivory lovin

Passed Driver's Ed
TBE, Downpipe, Intake, Cobb Access Port (He didnt use it though for the pull, he was in stock mode), ummmm, upgraded intercooler, pulleys, thats all that I can remember off the top of my head.

He wasn't in stock mode with a TBE. If he had all the mods mentions and had an off the shelf Cobb tune he's a dope. Said mods with a protune is a 107-110 trapping car depending on tune, tires, fuel, other variables. Gti with a ko4 should pull on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dallen13

Ready to race!
Stock vf39 turbo and fuel system limits power. Would be lucky to see 320whp even with protune.

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
He wasn't in stock mode with a TBE. If he had all the mods mentions and had an off the shelf Cobb tune he's a dope. Said mods with a protune is a 107-110 trapping car depending on tune, tires, fuel, other variables. Gti with a ko4 should pull on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahaha I asked him to :yikes: I wanted to see a stockish comparison between our cars.

ivory lovin

Passed Driver's Ed
Stock vf39 turbo and fuel system limits power. Would be lucky to see 320whp even with protune.

320/320 is still good for pretty decent traps.. Here's my best with a Cobb Sri, walbro 55, invidia TBE and a protune.

dallen13

Ready to race!
320/320 is still good for pretty decent traps.. Here's my best with a Cobb Sri, walbro 55, invidia TBE and a protune.

Nice and awesome 60' I had a bugeye in 2003 with turbo xs stage 4. Which is vf30 sti pink injectors 850cc. And walboro fuel pump. I had fmic and in c16 it dyno'd at 330 awhp on dyno jet. Gearing sucks so my best trap was like 112. Best ET was only 12.6 I could not launch the car to save my life.

Last edited: