GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB Turbo Back: APR vs Billy Boat vs Militek(Non-resonated)

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
I have been searching youtube to find the perfect tone, power, subtle, not too raspy or crackly but deep and performance sounding. I have gone through pretty much every exhaust that has been mentioned on this forum and these three seem to be the best in terms of quality, sound, performance(increase HP), what I can afford, ease of installment and one of the most important things with exhaust, drone management. Originally I boiled it down to the CTS TBE and the Eurojet TBE, but then I realized from the reviews that they were just too quiet for my taste, so I considered, Borla, AWE, Eurosport. But I found that those were too loud and raspy, not to mention droney. So here I am, need some help with particulars on these three or anything else you wanna share, personal experience, rumors, "a friend had this: buy it, don't buy it" and most importantly where is the best place to get these three systems.

Thank you all again for your support
:23:

PaulyFe12

Ready to race!
Alright if I get the Billy Boat Turbo Back System, where should I order it from? and I'm getting the catted version, that's not optional, but should I get the version of the turbo back with or without the resonator?

MKVI_noizsky

Ready to race!
Milltek non resonated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Alright if I get the Billy Boat Turbo Back System, where should I order it from? and I'm getting the catted version, that's not optional, but should I get the version of the turbo back with or without the resonator?

Get in contact with billy boat direct I got a better deal than most venders. It's very nicely made and not that expensive. Compared to other dp's.

JT641

Banned
I'm interested in this as well as I'm considering the Billy Boat TBE, Although didn't know there was an option of resonated & non resonated as none of the resellers I've looked show that nor does Billy Boats website.

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
APR and billy boat was the same I don't know now but go billy boat and enjoy results
They were never the same for the mk6. B&B made the early mk5 systems.

OP: I personally like the apr, not just being biased but maybe because Im getting old. Not sure what other opinion to give you as you said some were too quiet and some are too droney. I think you are gonna have hard time finding the solution to that. I know my apr is is nice and quiet under normal driving but sounds great at wot on a stage 3+

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
I have had APR and have Billy Boat on now, night and day difference. APR fitment is not the greatest, one tip is too low and does not let independent adjustment of each side. On the right side its nice because they give you some adjustment up and down. The left side is only adjustable by adjusting the whole muffler. Oh and its loud.
The Billy Boat fit first time without any adjustments and is not loud at all, which I like and my fiance loves. The B&B also looks awesome from the back, the 2 small mufflers.
A buddy has the Eurojet and I would say it fits great, looks good and sounds in the middle between the 2 I have expierenced.

IMO, I would try to meet up with locals to compare for what you like best.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Everyone is gonna have a preference but the best way to settle is just post up in regionals to see if you can meetup with someone who has each setup and hear for yourself

JT641

Banned
I have had APR and have Billy Boat on now, night and day difference. APR fitment is not the greatest, one tip is too low and does not let independent adjustment of each side. On the right side its nice because they give you some adjustment up and down. The left side is only adjustable by adjusting the whole muffler. Oh and its loud.
The Billy Boat fit first time without any adjustments and is not loud at all, which I like and my fiance loves. The B&B also looks awesome from the back, the 2 small mufflers.
A buddy has the Eurojet and I would say it fits great, looks good and sounds in the middle between the 2 I have expierenced.

Does your Billy Boat have a resonator on it & is it a TBE or CBE & do you have any video clips of it? :D

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance

The fitment issue was probably a real early system as they have had adjustable tips on both sides for like 3 years now. Im really surprised about it being loud. I think its probably one of the quietest, Ive had customer switch to another brand because the apr wasn't loud enough for them :iono:

Isj

Go Kart Champion
billy boat resonated tbe = zero drone. It's also probably the quietest aftermarket exhaust out there. The non-resonated TBE is much louder.

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
I'm ordering a non-resonated Billy Boat turboback in a week or two, after literally months of deliberation. It seems to be the most 'aggressive' sounding exhaust as far as I can tell, and their reputation for quality and fitment also seems well established. As others have mentioned, though, the resonated version sounds much too quiet for my taste.

From the vendors I've talked to, many of them carry the non-resonated version, you just need to specify when ordering. This is the one I'm buying—and note that it doesn't give you an option for resonated or not on their site: http://www.lmperformance.com/186097?gclid=CKiGq7nDncECFQOSfgodvJgAwg

JT641

Banned
billy boat resonated tbe = zero drone. It's also probably the quietest aftermarket exhaust out there. The non-resonated TBE is much louder.

Zero Drone you say Very Very interesting :w00t: Think I will definitely be going that route. Is there any drone with the non resonated?

I'm ordering a non-resonated Billy Boat turboback in a week or two, after literally months of deliberation. It seems to be the most 'aggressive' sounding exhaust as far as I can tell, and their reputation for quality and fitment also seems well established. As others have mentioned, though, the resonated version sounds much too quiet for my taste.

From the vendors I've talked to, many of them carry the non-resonated version, you just need to specify when ordering. This is the one I'm buying—and note that it doesn't give you an option for resonated or not on their site: http://www.lmperformance.com/186097?gclid=CKiGq7nDncECFQOSfgodvJgAwg

Did you notice the expected ship date is 14 days:(

Never noticed on any of the sites carrying billy boat including there site as well an option resonated or non resonated.

Found this one But looks like it's resonated
http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1957