GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oily Water Pooling On Top Of Valve Cover?

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I'm getting some oily water pooling on top of the valve cover. I've tried looking but can't seem to find a definite thread of any sort.

I've replaced the PCC since mine was dead, as well as the crankshaft position sensor too for a slight leak through the o-ring.

The pooling of oily water was there before I changed those parts.

Could it be the cold weather? I've never noticed this during warmer temperatures but didn't really notice this during last winter either though.

Valve gasket failing?

Last edited:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I'm getting some oily water pooling on top of the valve cover. I've tried looking but can't seem to find a definite thread of any sort.

I've replaced the PCC since mine was dead, as well as the crankshaft position sensor too for a slight leak through the o-ring.

The pooling of oily water was there before I changed those parts.

Could it be the cold weather? I've never noticed this during warmer temperatures but didn't really notice this during last winter either though.

Valve gasket failing?

Did you mean you replaced your PCV africa plate? If so, is it genuine OEM or the Viaco version?

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Oops. I meant PCV. And it's an OEM version, revision AH I believe.

Was looking further and seems to be a failing timing cover gasket ? Trying to look for a DIY but can't seem to find one.

Jared32

Ready to race!
I had something similar on my intake manifold last winter but I cleaned it up and haven't had it since :iono:

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

FriggenT1

Banned
I believe AH is one of the newer revisions, just make sure it's torqued properly, clean it up and it should be good

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I didn't tighten any bolts, and I did get this oily water residue the day after I replaced my PCV (and before that too), but now, it's fine.

*shrugs*