GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Washed and driven for the first time since November! Much fun [emoji3]

Jhayesvw

Passed Driver's Ed
But one strange thing I noticed yesterday, is that if I turn off the traction control, I don't experience the slip as often or as easily???
Maybe i'm hallucinating LOL...

That makes sense if the ASR is done by braking the spinning wheel. You'd still be putting out the power but the brakes would be applied. I'm not sure how ASR works though.

I have noticed my car is significantly faster with ASR turned off each time I drive.
BONUS.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm surprised at some of these engine bays.

Every time I wash my car I pop the hood and wipe everything down.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
I had a similar thing, and a nest by my soundaktor

Sent from some sort of Apple device.

Using your oil cap as a bowl of nuts?

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Using your oil cap as a bowl of nuts?

It works really well for local meets, Cars & Coffee, that sort of thing. Keeps the crew well-fed as they pass by

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I installed a gfb dv+ this morning. I was a little skeptical, but god damn does this thing work...The way the car holds boost now is amazing, it's so much more consistent and smoother. I've only gone for a little drive so far, but the shifts seem to be a lot smoother. Especially going from first to second.

It wasn't a difficult install, just a huge pain in the ass because of its location. Working in that area of the car while on your back is not fun.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I figure it is someones own business if they let the engine bay become a mess. That being said when I see that I figure the person who owns the car doesn't care for it enough to check the oil or wipe it down. If you open the hood once a week to check the oil you can keep the nut buildup to a minimum. :thumbsup:

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
I figure it is someones own business if they let the engine bay become a mess. That being said when I see that I figure the person who owns the car doesn't care for it enough to check the oil or wipe it down. If you open the hood once a week to check the oil you can keep the nut buildup to a minimum. :thumbsup:

In fairness, the amount of nuts in the oil cap could have gotten there over night if the squirrel is ambitious enough :laugh:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I figure it is someones own business if they let the engine bay become a mess. That being said when I see that I figure the person who owns the car doesn't care for it enough to check the oil or wipe it down. If you open the hood once a week to check the oil you can keep the nut buildup to a minimum. [emoji106]
My thoughts exactly

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I installed a gfb dv+ this morning. I was a little skeptical, but god damn does this thing work...The way the car holds boost now is amazing, it's so much more consistent and smoother. I've only gone for a little drive so far, but the shifts seem to be a lot smoother. Especially going from first to second.

It wasn't a difficult install, just a huge pain in the ass because of its location. Working in that area of the car while on your back is not fun.

I went for a longer drive. This mod is probably gonna be one of the best things I've ever done to it. Maybe my rev g just wasn't working well and replacing it with any dv was gonna make it better, but it's almost like it's not even my car, it's driving that much better. I really noticed how much better it was at holding boost between shifts, so for 1st to 2nd gear it's made a huge difference on how smooth my shifts are. Light acceleration is a lot more consistent as well since the boost levels are a lot more steady, this was always a big problem for me. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone with a manual.

Last edited:

ROCKE

Passed Driver's Ed

I met my twin today [emoji16] (mines on the right) let me know if the left gti is anyone on the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002

1 drive to work in crap weather and my engine bay looks worse than that... The fact that the engine bay is dirty has zero to do with whether the car is taken care of mechanically or not.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
1 drive to work in crap weather and my engine bay looks worse than that... The fact that the engine bay is dirty has zero to do with whether the car is taken care of mechanically or not.

^^^ thank you.

I'd be worried if you ended up with nuts in your engine bay after driving to work, though ;)