GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Swaybar end links question

pashley

Ready to race!
Hey all. I've got the H&R front/rear swaybar 26/22mm set up. My car is lowered on ST coilovers to remove wheel gap only. No real tire tuck or anything. Not sure if the preload is significantly higher now to require upgraded links. So, should I upgrade my swaybar endlinks? I havent noticed any issues, but I want to be proactive if needed. Let me know! Thanks.

Beej1

Ready to race!
Are you tracking the car? If not, then I doubt you'd ever notice any preload in street conditions.

That being said, I have run OEM and adjustable links on my daily driver GTI, and I can't tell a difference. Now, if you asked me the same question about my E30 track car, I would say go adjustable. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
This is a good question and one I have been mulling over as I just bought ST coilovers, and will be purchasing sway bars soon.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I just ordered a set of front sway bar end links, only because I think they're making noises. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

I don't have an issue with the rears so I probably won't replace them until they break or start making noises.

Stinger

Ready to race!
I've said this in previous posts already... Unless you track the car, in which case you'd want the endlinks to fine tune your suspension, it makes little sense to install endlinks on a dd because you will never adjust them once set.
It's a real pita to install properly if you don't have a pro lift and it's better to have 2 people (one to sit in the driver's seat while the other fine tunes).
If they aren't adjusted properly, they will snap...not a good thing! It's happened twice to me, once after installed at a garage and the second time after I thought I could do a better job of it...