GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE k04 software discussion?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I would like to know how it runs overall because I'd love to get off APR K04 tune... I don't fill up with 100 octane around here though so I won't see those exact figures, lol.

slowgti08

Ready to race!
I have a Uni K04 tune and want more power... The Uni tune is smooth but i would like something more aggressive. Also interested in the IE tune as the numbers are higher than Unitronic.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Interested in this as well. Advertised numbers are very high compared to APR/Uni/UM/Revo.... Hoping someone with actual experience might be able to chime in with some comparison feedback. Looks like this is a relatively new tune on the market for the K04.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Interested in this as well. Advertised numbers are very high compared to APR/Uni/UM/Revo.... Hoping someone with actual experience might be able to chime in with some comparison feedback. Looks like this is a relatively new tune on the market for the K04.

IE and APR numbers are closer than you think. APR 93 is 330whp/363wtq and IE 93 is 332wph/325wtq. so IE has less WTQ but IE would have the smoother power band compared to APR.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Adding to this older thread. I just swapped over from Unitronic to IE for my k04 tune and I feel that something is not right with the tune when I go even more than half way throttle. There is a very noticeable delay like I am hitting a brick wall feel. The Unitronic k04 was super smooth and tame and when I layed down the gas it was a very linear but powerful pull. I am hoping that re applying the tune will fix a bug, and I do have some new spark plugs coming in today that I need to gap to around .024 per IE. I emailed them to confirm if I need to be using a 3 bar map or just the stock map as I have both currently. I will let you know what the results are soon.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Adding to this older thread. I just swapped over from Unitronic to IE for my k04 tune and I feel that something is not right with the tune when I go even more than half way throttle. There is a very noticeable delay like I am hitting a brick wall feel. The Unitronic k04 was super smooth and tame and when I layed down the gas it was a very linear but powerful pull. I am hoping that re applying the tune will fix a bug, and I do have some new spark plugs coming in today that I need to gap to around .024 per IE. I emailed them to confirm if I need to be using a 3 bar map or just the stock map as I have both currently. I will let you know what the results are soon.
Yes, IE recommendations running the stock bar sensor no need for the 3 bar. Im running their k04 as well and ngk 2667 @.24. I have no issue with their tune.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Tkelly you ever ran anyone elses tune?

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, I meant K04 tune. Is the IE tune the only one you've run since going K04?

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion

93, did you ever get this issue worked out? Care to share the details if you did? 👍