GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealership issues

FishesDelicious

A few weeks ago I had my turbo replaced under warranty at the dealer. Got the car back, less than 100 miles later CLE came back on. Called dealership back and they said to bring it back in a couple days (earliest they could get to it). Did so, had them diagnose and they said the CLE was from a sensor inside the radiator. They also mentioned that they saw this code come up during the turbo warranty work, but figured it was a "one time thing" so they didn't do anything with it.

Service manager is telling me I'm going to need to pay the warranty deductible on this too. That doesn't make sense to me seeing as they saw the code the first time. Is this something I can escalate to a GM or something? Or would that just be useless?

Jaber

Modero
A few weeks ago I had my turbo replaced under warranty at the dealer. Got the car back, less than 100 miles later CLE came back on. Called dealership back and they said to bring it back in a couple days (earliest they could get to it). Did so, had them diagnose and they said the CLE was from a sensor inside the radiator. They also mentioned that they saw this code come up during the turbo warranty work, but figured it was a "one time thing" so they didn't do anything with it.

Service manager is telling me I'm going to need to pay the warranty deductible on this too. That doesn't make sense to me seeing as they saw the code the first time. Is this something I can escalate to a GM or something? Or would that just be useless?

I would bring it up and ask press them about why they didn't bother to tell you. I had a similar situation with an old car of mine, they called for warranty approval and when they started to work on it, a different sensor threw a code and they called the warranty company back and explained the situation, they approved it so I didn't have to pay another deductible.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
VW dealers never cease to amaze me.

herrerafavian2

Ok so they are going to try to get you with " That wasn't what the vehicle was in for" bs. But them knowing that the sensor was messed up and either didn't bother to tell you or replace it while they were there makes me question their dependability. I would definitely bring it up to their service managers attention and would absolutely request a refund. If that doesn't work, a bad review definitely gets the ball rolling in your favor. Best of luck! I switched VW dealerships almost immediately after buying my car and they have been nothing but great on each and every visit. I had that same sensor replaced under a California emissions warranty so I'd be sure to ask what the litigations are on that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

herrerafavian2

Any updates on what ended up happening??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk