GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wax On, Wax Off!

DaMutt

So I have been using Meguiar's NXT 2.0 liquid wax for a number of years. I decided it was time to replace the old bottle with a new one and could not find at the store. Instead, it seemed like the new Ultimate Liquid Wax had replaced the 2.0. I went ahead a d picked a bottle.
Wax went on easy and wiped off easy. Doesn't stain rubber or plastic. Seemed to buff out to a nice shine with a micro fiber towel. Great!
A week later, I washed the car and got really good beading.... Until I went over it with the soap. I use Meguiar's Gold Class. When I rinsed it off, no more beading. Tested it on a couple of panels and same result.
I reapplied the Ultimate Wax and switched to Meguiar's new Ultimate Wash. Seemed to work fine the first time, but washed the Ultimate Wax off the second time.
I have gone back to NXT 2.0. Just used what I had and it seemed fine.

Anyone else with a similar experience?

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
That's odd, I used Meguiar's NXT 2.0, and I had to be VERY careful about doing touch-up work on the car, else it would zap the NXT wax pretty easily. Had to use plain warm water only to soften up bugs etc. prior to their removal.

nimda

Ready to race!
just picked up some new Meguiar's White Car wax, will try it and let you know how it goes. I've been using the NXT Tech Wax as well without issues.

DaMutt

Yeah, the White and Black line of waxes were developed for lighter and darker cars. Looked at those, but I have always had good results with polymer waxes and NXT 2.0 in specifically.
Since Ultimate was supposed to be the newer, better replacement for NXT 2.0 (Why not call it 3.0?), I decided to give it a try. I'm gonna reach out to Meguiar's to make sure I didn't do something wrong with the application. If I didn't, I'll be they will trade me a bottle of NXT for the Ultimate. They are a fantastic company when it comes to things like that!

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I might be using NXT, the stuff i got and it keeps beading is in a purple plastic bottle.

My car is kept in a garage, but used it on my wife's beetle and it beads after Mc wash.

nimda

Ready to race!
Used new white wax from meguiars.

just picked up some new Meguiar's White Car wax, will try it and let you know how it goes. I've been using the NXT Tech Wax as well without issues.

APPLICATION:d
This stuff is THICK, comes in a huge metal toothpaste tube and looks like its made of baking soda paste. Application is not too bad, however requires some effort to get complete coverage without it getting too thick. Removal requires some effort and you will use a few extra towels. Car looks good 2 weeks later and multiple washes.

LAST THOUGHTS: Will return to their NXT 2.0 wax for future use, but would assume that this would be a good base wax to start with if you don't plan to wax often.

VR420man

I've tried both of those waxes and more. Colinite and zimol. With much better results. Then I found DoDo juice Supernatural Hybrid wax/sealer and woah!!! The best wax I've ever used!!! After 2 coats it's been beading a month after with 2-3 washes every week and it still beads and looks amazing like the day I did it!! I must also mention it's been raining raining every few days here and I have no garage so it's been pounded in the last month by Mother Nature and me driving it. It's a little on the expensive side but well worth it!!

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Dodo juice supernatural wax ftw. Only downside is that it is 200 dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
My latest test was Klasse Glaze Sealant. One word.. AMAZING. Went on easy, came off pretty well - using the spray quick detailer and wipe off quick technique. Shine is intense, looks like my GTI is covered in a candy coating and has held up to rain/washings/dirt so far with ease. After washing it looks like I just waxed it and I am super anal about detailing my vdub.

I bought it to test out on my wife's new Terrain, and after seeing the results, tried it on my GTI and not sure I will go back to NXT 2.0. Cannot layer the two otherwise I would.. apparently NXT 2.0 has cleaners in it that will potentially remove sealant. Maybe I will top the Klasse with Meguiars Gold Class and have best of both worlds.. protection AND caranuba shine :)

nimda

Ready to race!
wheres the links? LETS SEE PICS