GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS510 install - PLEASE HELP

afctom

Ready to race!
Hi, my RNS510 arrived today, and after paying just shy of £1k for it I refuse to pay a company who have quoted me £120 to FIT it... when it's literally plugging 3 wires into the back.

However, I have come across a problem when I took my old headunit out.

These are the only wires in the car -

The big harness thing fits into the back of the RNS fine, however it's what I assume is the power source that is the problem. It is a single little block and its far too small and wont fit the two holes on the back of the RNS...

Any help is appreciated!! cheers

afctom

Ready to race!
Right, discovered the issue.

Stock radio

Only has one white connector, the RNS510 has two? Any solutions!?

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
The connectors are for the aerial mate, not the power. The power comes from the bigger block that goes into the back of the RNS. On the single wire that is coming from your car with the (white with a blue end), you need to remove the blue part and that will connect to the back of the RNS. Weirdly, you should have a double white socket with two wires going to it, are there any other wires behind the dash? I'm not sure if one aerial wire would work, where two are the norm:confused:

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like you may have had an aftermarket head unit fitted, guessing by the surround in the dash and the random red wire coming out? Maybe someone has messed with the wiring before?