GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$125 Track Day@Willow Springs-Big Willow-June 11-12th in Socal

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
I just went to Streets of Willow yesterday, ran by Extreme Speed Track events. The event went around very smoothly, and I highly recommend them! That being said, I will not be able to make it. Have a great time though!

staynhome29

Ready to race!
I just went to Streets of Willow yesterday, ran by Extreme Speed Track events. The event went around very smoothly, and I highly recommend them! That being said, I will not be able to make it. Have a great time though!

How'd you do Gunmetal? Its not as scary as you thought huh? I hope you had a blast. I haven't done streets myself but I'd love to go again.

When do you anticipate you will go again?

I'm going to the Big Track @ Willow Springs on 5/22 (sun).

staynhome29

Ready to race!
Yo Panda. You going to Buttonwillow with NASA on the 26th?

I hate running with them since they give the Race group so much more love.

Debating Laguna Seca Saturday and Buttonwillow Sunday or Buttonwillow both days.

Decisions, decisions......

I need some new coilovers. My V2s are not cutting it. I wish they made JRZ or Motons for our cars.

Did you end up getting the Ohlins or AST? I'd hate to get Clubsport if the Ohlins really are all that.

If you did get them, can you comment on the daily driving ability of hte Ohlins or AST? Thanks.

E

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
How'd you do Gunmetal? Its not as scary as you thought huh? I hope you had a blast. I haven't done streets myself but I'd love to go again.

When do you anticipate you will go again?

I'm going to the Big Track @ Willow Springs on 5/22 (sun).

Hey,

It was great! I taped up my car saturday night and drove up to willow and all the tape was gone! LOL it was pouring on the way there! so i retaped after the first run when a stupid STI kicked up a rock bc he was being hard-headed. I talked to him afterwards and he pretty felt that he did not need an instructor and wont listen to them, even though it was his first time.

My next trip will be when ever I trade my GTI in for a s2000. I will probably need a few weekends to bring the maintenance up. I'm thinking maybe track tires because my street tires and pretty beaten up after one day at the track.

staynhome29

Ready to race!
What a fag. IMO I think for at least the first 4-6 track days should be with an instructor. Doesn't matter about your driving prowess but more about learning the track and the lines.

What a fool.

As far as requiring an S2000, just know that it is very tail happy and while it is known that S2000 is a more capable track car, it also depends heavily on the driver. Understand that if you lift off throttle on a RWD car under a hard turn, you're going to spin out. So it does require you to have stickier tires especially on a RWD car.

I think the GTI is great on the track. For a FWD, it hauls ass. Once you get a set of sticky tires, you can really see what the stock suspension is capable of.

But after running Big Willow, I do wish i had V3 or Clubsport instead of the V2. argh I hate buying the same component 2x. Wish I wouldve just coughed up the money and did it right the first time around. =(

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
I know all about s2000s, I had one prior to my GTI. I spun out making a right turn within the first week. LOL pretty crazy. I know the car is not forgiving at all, but its more so a fun car to DD than a track car for me. As for the instructor, I totally agree. It is well worth the mula.

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
and that guy was a pompus ass. he referred to his STI by calling it a trashy subbie. Then when the instructors did a role call, they asked is it a wrx or STI? he said STI and I knew it was him throwing rocks at me. DBAG!

ghostwind

Passed Driver's Ed
As far as requiring an S2000, just know that it is very tail happy and while it is known that S2000 is a more capable track car, it also depends heavily on the driver. Understand that if you lift off throttle on a RWD car under a hard turn, you're going to spin out. So it does require you to have stickier tires especially on a RWD car.

Depends how much you lift, entry speed, and other factors. You don't just automatically spin if you lift. Also, RWD cars do NOT require stickier tires - a common mistake newbies make thinking it will save them. If you can't drive a RWD properly going into a corner, then all stickier tires will do is cause a spin at a higher speed, where you'd have one at lower speed on lesser tires. Grip limit may be raised, but for someone who has no clue, that's a bad thing. Better to mess up at 60mph than at 100mph..

I think the GTI is great on the track. For a FWD, it hauls ass. Once you get a set of sticky tires, you can really see what the stock suspension is capable of.

More sway...