GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G37 Convertible wants to Race me

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekKanarek

Ready to race!
This kid at my high school has a baby blue automatic g37 convertible. I feel like since it's convertible (more weight) and automatic (slower) I'll have a good chance. Lemme know what you think.
(don't say take it to the track either lol)
-Derek

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I think that kids in highschool shouldn't be driving these cars.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if it's just because my DV is sticking and killing me with boost, or if it was just because I have a MT and only raced to 90 from a dig, but I raced a G37 Sedan the other day and he had me by a car to a car and a half before I shut it down. I need to get my DV changed for sure...though even with a new one that isn't sticking, it'd be a drivers race for sure.

I probably could've hung a little better if it was from 40 or 45-120 or so, but there wasn't space to do that, and my wife was behind me in her truck, which is basically already getting me in trouble just racing at all...but if you're stock, it's not going to happen.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
What makes you so sure?

320hp 270tq iirc...in the G37

Your car is 200hp 210tq
MAYBE if youre stage 1 u can keep up :iono:

Just being realistic here bud.

Also... Those cars are quick. Infiniti has an smooth shifting transmission. My FX35 was sweet. Not dsg, but just answering your question from ur original post

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Stage 1 and a 37 coupe are pretty even. They'll do a healthy 275 to the wheels but the band is narrow and they're 700lbs heavier than a GTI mt 4dr. So yes, if you're stock, you'll be eaten alive.

Stock GTI - 16.15 lbs/hp
Stage 1 GTI - 13.125 lbs/hp
G37 coupe - 13.25 lbs/hp
G37 conv - 14 lbs/hp

Not counting traction (G37>GTI) or powerband (GTI>G37)

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
I've driven the g37 convertible. Its quick, high 13s to low 14s in the quarter and mid 5 sec 0-60 stock iirc. And stupid easy to drive fast just mash and go no drama unlike a gti's utter lack of traction out of the hole.
I don't think my stage 1 could beat it, keep up maybe but stock gti no chance imo.
But shadow blue vs baby blue, who knows...

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
I've ran a whole bunch of G37's (S and regular) and all from 40 rolls. I've pulled them a good bit, but they'll reel you back in. Maybe that's cause I'm lowered and can put a bit more power down? But top end they'll win.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
I've ran a whole bunch of G37's (S and regular)

Only difference between the two is some minor cosmetics. Powertrain exactly the same.

You will lose

Correct

What makes you so sure?

I had a Stage 2 MK6 and went right into a G37. The G37 is not nearly as fun to drive but is a very strong running car. I am 100% convinced that it would beat my Stage 2 GTI (and I have the AWD Sedan). I know there are many of you who will chime in and say that you beat G37's all day/every day........whatever (huge eye roll).

A stock GTI won't have a chance. Stage 2 will be close but still no cigar.

Of course a KO4 would win

With that said.....I can't wait to dump my G37. Miss my VW very much.

Can't WAIT for the MK7 to get here.

Last edited:

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Race him in reverse. You will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.