GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will these fit my GTI

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
From what I understand the size of the rear brakes changed on the GTI. I don't know when that change occurred. You might want to to do a Google search on the topic & see what you come up with.

FWIW I think EBC makes some good brakes. Just installed red-stuff pads on my wife's MINI & I like them a lot.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
From what I understand the size of the rear brakes changed on the GTI. I don't know when that change occurred. You might want to to do a Google search on the topic & see what you come up with.

FWIW I think EBC makes some good brakes. Just installed red-stuff pads on my wife's MINI & I like them a lot.

2010 had bigger brakes and then 2011 they went to a slightly smaller brake...If I remember right it's something like 281mm for 2010 and 271mm for 2011...but I'd double check that though lol

hungti75

Passed Driver's Ed
2010 had bigger brakes and then 2011 they went to a slightly smaller brake...If I remember right it's something like 281mm for 2010 and 271mm for 2011...but I'd double check that though lol

Yup, 2010 had 282mm rears, 2011 and up had 272's

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Ahh off by 1 number.

gtiGreateness

Ready to race!
Thank you gentleman! After much much much googling. I was able to determine that 2010- mid 2011 the rears were girling larger rotors. Mid 2011 and later models were replaced with the Bosch 272’s.

Thank you all for the info. Much appreciated! S4kr1334 is the model for mid 2011 and beyond in case anybody else is looking for these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk