GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Major boost leak!

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Hey guys wondering if anyone can help me out here. to sum things up I was WOT in third gear when I heard I strange noise from the drivers side. Sounded like I ran over a tree branch. Like a pop and a smack and I could feel that something had smacked my car on the drivers side. Get out, no damage so I start driving again and I have a serious boost look or atleast what I think is a leak. Hardly any power and my car sounds like I have an open air box if that makes sense. Rides and idles smooth no cel and doesn't feel any diff. Just under wot you realize there is no power and a whistling noise. Any ideas?

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
At the bottom, below the radiator fans and the intake manifold. You can see it from the top but access is much easier from underneath if you remove the plastic belly pan below the engine bay. Assuming that this (intercooler hose) is your problem.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
So I've checked the hose on the passenger side (pancake pipe?) and it is secured on both ends. The driver side im having a hard time spotting it and I don't have a floor jack right now to lift the car up to take off the driver side wheel and have a look.

dtransmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
At the bottom, below the radiator fans and the intake manifold. You can see it from the top but access is much easier from underneath if you remove the plastic belly pan below the engine bay. Assuming that this (intercooler hose) is your problem.

This. You gotta really try and get under the car and take off that plastic tray. No need to take off any wheels. If you have an aftermarket intake, you may be able to see from the top of your engine bay in between the radiator fans and the engine, it will be located close to the bottom of the compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Thanks for all your help guys I located the hose on the drivers side after I swung by Walmart and picked up some rhino Ramps. intercooler hose reconnected and now I sleep before work at 8 am lol again thanks for your help Volks folks

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Thanks for all your help guys I located the hose on the drivers side after I swung by Walmart and picked up some rhino Ramps. intercooler hose reconnected and now I sleep before work at 8 am lol again thanks for your help Volks folks

Good time to change out the o-ring and the retaining clip too if its not secure enough