GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Guess this wiring connector

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I hit a raccoon last night and I am trying to determine what I need to fix the car. Hit the racoon doing about 65 right where my drivers side fog is. Intercooler and all that looks fine. Everything that broke is plastic except this wiring harness below. This happened close to my house and Ive been up and down the road a few times looking for my fog light with no luck so far.

I know the plug on the left is the fog wiring, the broken wiring on the right is the sidemarker. What is this plug in the middle? It doesnt look like it comes from the battery area like the others do. Looks like the wiring goes towards the radiator. Any help would be appreciated.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
My guess is it's a temperature sensor for reading ambient air temps. If I'm right there should be like a cradle or a harness it pops into, but it really just sits there and doesn't really plug into anything.

Last edited:

cchase__

Ready to race!
yup air temp sensor. You can look at intercooler installs and they usually show the sensor in its place

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I bet the fog light is in the raccoon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Lol the raccoon is still out there on the side of the road. Maybe it shattered to pieces on impact. I didnt see it after looking mulitple times but it couldnt have gone that far