GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cylinder 2 Misfire with 10k?

davcohen

Ready to race!
My car has been acting up in recent times sounding funny on a cold start, it got worse about 3 weeks ago and the check engine light/ epc light were flashing up.

Initially I thought it was the HPFP but after a trip to the dealer who ended up replacing one coil for me it seemed to be fine but I ordered myself a Set of red coil packs and installed them saturday to avoid the others failing on me at some random time.

I personally noted there was a clear difference in the driving after the upgrade however this morning my car was doing the same thing and misfiring on cylinder 2. I swapped around all the coil and it was still flashing up the code for cylinder 2, I even swapped out the coil for the one the dealer replaced for me less then 100 miles back but it still misfires.

The strange thing is after like 10 to 15 minutes the car runs perfectly and doesnt matter how many times I switch it off and start it the car will run perfectly.

What would cause the car to run miss only on a cold start and then be perfectly fine after that, is it possible the injector is going out?

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Did you swap the plugs when you changed the coil packs?

davcohen

Ready to race!
I took it to dealership and they ended up replacing the injector however its still misfiring on cylinder 2 so no idea whats wrong with it