GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 4dr GTI Autobahn DSG pricing

Npmonteiro

Hi there,

I am in the process of buying my first GTI. After looking at some CPO options, I think I decided to go with a new car. Using TrueCar.com, I have a quote for a 4dr DSG Autobhan with monster mats at $31,157 plus a $75 doc fee. They can do 0.9% APR financing for 66 months.

I was looking at another thread here for this same car with a manual gearbox and people were suggesting $1,000 to $1,500 below MSRP is a good deal. Problem is, I don't know if I should factor in the destination charge when calculating MSRP. Without it, it's $32,330 with the mats, so I'd be getting about $1,200 under MSRP, which seems like an okay but not too good deal. But if I factor in the destination charge into the MSRP, then it becomes $33,225 and I'd be getting what sounds like a better deal, at around $2,000 under MSRP.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

NPM

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
don't use truecar.

Try edmunds for price quotes from local dealers.

you should be able to get around 2k under msrp (incl. dest) if you try hard enough.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You should be under 30k pre tax.

Npmonteiro

Thx for the Edmunds tip, GunKata! I've asked for more quotes there.

If I add the destination fee, MSRP for the car is $33,225, so the quote I have now, at $31,157, is more than 2k under.

Maxtdi, wouldn't 30k pre tax be more than 3k under MSRP? You think this is feasible? The dealer is showing no flexibility in going under their TrueCar quote...

Thanks.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Thx for the Edmunds tip, GunKata! I've asked for more quotes there.

If I add the destination fee, MSRP for the car is $33,225, so the quote I have now, at $31,157, is more than 2k under.

Maxtdi, wouldn't 30k pre tax be more than 3k under MSRP? You think this is feasible? The dealer is showing no flexibility in going under their TrueCar quote...

Thanks.

It depends on your market... 31k isn't necessarily a great deal, you may want to consider a slightly used model at that point.

JSWhaler

Ready to race!
66 months ouch. That's a long time on car payments. Didn't even know that was an option. I found that Hartford VW was willing to negotiate, as that is where I got mine from. Good luck

Mantooth

Ready to race!
don't use truecar.

Try edmunds for price quotes from local dealers.

you should be able to get around 2k under msrp (incl. dest) if you try hard enough.

I had great luck with True Car when I bought mine in August of 2011 - using it my 2 door base GTI was 22,300 OTD.

Then again, it was a little newer back then and I'm not sure their pricing works the same now. The 'lock fee' was always BS from the get go sicne if you bargained well enough you could get the same deal without it/TrueCar.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
66 months ouch. That's a long time on car payments. Didn't even know that was an option. I found that Hartford VW was willing to negotiate, as that is where I got mine from. Good luck

they now also do 72, 84mos, and so on...

Hyun

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't see financing a car longer than 36 months. I got impatient and paid mine off in 8...

72 and 84 months, that's just crazy, the loan will probably out live the car.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I can't see financing a car longer than 36 months. I got impatient and paid mine off in 8...

Who cares how long the term is. As long as the APR is right.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

thats what I'm doing, but one upside is that its better than a lease and i drive a lot so technically that was my only option. I'm planning on paying it off asap within a year or two

doofoo

Go Kart Newbie
The current promotion from VW Credit is 0% for up to 72 Months.. At 0% who care's if it's 36 Months or 72 Months? It cost the same in the end. Pay it off as soon as you want, or "spend" someone else's money for 72 months.

That's what I did.. Smart use of my money.

honda2vw

Ready to race!
If you want a good contact for a dealership in NY i will provide that for you via PM.

It might be worth the drive

Brinkmen

VW NUT!

Not everyone can afford to pay off their car that quickly, which is why we finance. ;)