GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

42 DD intake BF Sale

Velociraptor Thrust

Go Kart Champion
Sorry man, I respectfully have to disagree with this post. Fact of the matter is we are in this age of instant and when a company says something is in stock and ready to ship, as well as having the mantra of small company, customer first satisfaction and service, updates or delays in shipping, whatever the cause need to be communicated. Not to mention the whole Internet age deal makes companies ultra competitive and having or not having the ability to produce when promised could be the difference when establishing a new client or even retaining current clientele.

I am going to have to side with the OP here. I ordered my intake the first day of the "pre" Black Friday sale, which I believe started the week BEFORE Black Friday. I was honestly expecting something "in stock", "ready to ship" and located less then a state away to have arrived well before the thanksgiving holiday/black Friday shutdown... It didn't, and when I called to inquire I will say they very courteous and first rate, but offered nothing else in wake of service.

Opposite end of the spectrum, I placed a $30 with one tuning co. for my badges after getting tuned and there was a mixup at their distribution. I was promptly shipped these items overnight and sent another "goodies" bag, that was in no way expected, but very much appreciated, along with a very nice PM explaining the mix up from said co. representative. That's service and something that will resonate with consumers for a long time.

To put this all into perspective, during this so called "crazy holiday vice hold" on shipping and communications, I've decided on, paid for and received a $6.5k engagement ring and have been pre-approved for a mortgage. Makes a simple, "hey we're back ordered on filters" it will be a few days email look like small potatoes.. No?

Anyway back to "this day and age." I really have no room for incompetence and I may think twice about ordering from particular companies and have no probem swiping away for others... Just my two pennies and a slight vent from a supply chain management guy.

:clap:this guy gets it.:clap:

to summarize, we, the consumers, do not appreciate being kept in the dark. I have no problem waiting for a shipment. I get it shit happens that is out of someones control. Just let me know. I paid them why should I have to inquire about my shipping info?

As a small business owner, if an obvious mistake happens you inform the customers, and go an extra mile. I'm not asking for a free CBE or anything. Honestly if I was in management with them I'd give the orders a 10% next purchase item good for 6 months. MOST PEOPLE WONT USE IT. Maybe I expect too much. Perhaps I need to be "excellent" :iono:

MKVI66

Passed Driver's Ed
Some people really do expect too much. Your money isn't more important than the next persons money. Things happen. Such is life. Delays and backorders and missing communication happen to all of us. Maybe 42dd should hire more staff, invest in better auto notifications, and raise their prices 25% (and only 10% off blk Friday sales like the other guys) . We shall never be in the dark again. This is my salesperson rant. Ha. :)

davela72

The filters were received either Thursday or Friday so they should all be shipping out. I had a question about something else so I called this past Friday and asked about the filters as well.

davela72

Finally received mine! Installed it but have some questions.

1. Did you screw the intake in place? or did you let it rest on the rubber feet?
2. If you did screw it down, which screw did you use? The last ones won't fit into the OE threads.

Haven't driven it yet so waiting to see. :)

I finally got mine as well, minus the small breather filter. I bolted it down, if you're referring to the small tab on the side, with one of the supplied bolts, fit perfect. I still haven't a clue where that clamp is supposed to go, I'm guessing it's to hold the breather tube but I didn't use it.

maxgti

The ones who received the intake, did you get any email updates with shipping/tracking info?

Edit: Oh! And post some pictures!!

Velociraptor Thrust

Go Kart Champion
The ones who received the intake, did you get any email updates with shipping/tracking info?

Edit: Oh! And post some pictures!!

I seriously had to email them to get the shipping info. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387357412.453112.jpg

It's an iPhone pic but so far I like it. Oh and the sound is amazing!

Austin J

Instagram: Jonesmeister11

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
Any Sound clips?

What makes this intake difference from the rest minus the Velocity stack and almost $400 price tag for a stage 1?

adough

Passed Driver's Ed
:lol: I still have yet to receive both my intake / CBE from them. Last update I got from them was 12/5 telling me that it should be ready by sometime next week :iono:

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Wow.... Well don't expect any goodies in the box. They still don't have instructions. Lol they aren't needed but still saving time with a screw diagram would be appreciated.

Austin J

They do have a 'Tech Corner' tab on their home page with several instructional PDFs, however I did not see one for this intake. I do know they are in the process of updating their site so hopefully we will see PDFs for all of their products.

I think it's a great idea to save on paper, however if this is their approach I would expect PDFs for everything.

Besides, what guy actually reads the instruction manual anyways ;)