GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

TSolmen

New member here. Possible stupid question in coming. So I bought a set of BBS CH's and winter tires for a steal of a price. The winter tires are currently mount on the 18x8.5 BBS's. The winter tires are 255/40r18 and I want to run them on my stock Detroits. Now I know that the Detroits are 18x7.5. So, two questions will a tire shop put the 255s on the Detroits, and my other question is if so, will they fit on the car without rubbing? In addition I have 6mm and 12mm spacers so if those are needed then I can slap them on.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
1: You'd have to ask the tire shop if they would do swap for you. Looking on Tire Rack it show the recommended rim size is 8.5" to 10" wide.

2: No idea if you'd have issues with tires rubbing. My guess is that you probably will.

Welcome to the forum. What part of Ohio are you in?

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Installed the DeAutuokey 360 fog LEDs and holy shit are they bright! They are the 6000k units.

Headlamps only:

With fogs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSolmen

Thanks ashchuckton, I might as well just run the BBSs this winter then figure it out in the spring as they need refinished anyway. And I’m in the Youngstown area!

Phur

Autocross Champion
I put silverstar zxe bulbs in mine shortly after I got the car because I hate yellow light that is supposed to be white. This was before I learned more and desperately longed for some deautokey ones. I have been waiting for the zxe bulbs to burn out ever since.

They look awesome!

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I put silverstar zxe bulbs in mine shortly after I got the car because I hate yellow light that is supposed to be white. This was before I learned more and desperately longed for some deautokey ones. I have been waiting for the zxe bulbs to burn out ever since.

They look awesome!

No lifetime warranty with the silverstars?? [emoji6]

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Beautiful. Lifetime warranty bro! Can’t beat it!

Thanks! Took me a little longer as I’ve never done them before but was it worth it. I’m actually pretty excited to drive with them! The lifetime warranty is definitely a bonus!

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion

They look awesome!

Thank ya! Yeah I had some Ziza ones in and they didn’t really put out what as much as I had hoped! It’s insane how they make the xenons look weak! Lol. Definitely worth the coin!

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Thanks! Took me a little longer as I’ve never done them before but was it worth it. I’m actually pretty excited to drive with them!

That feeling never goes away bro. These 360’s are new and have all the technology built in and are way brighter than the previous version that used a bulky fan and resistor. Glad you got it done. Enjoy!

Phur

Autocross Champion
No lifetime warranty with the silverstars?? [emoji6]

Ummm... yeah, no. Definitely not.

I swear those damn things haven’t lasted more than a year and a half in anything until I found out about deautokey. Now they won’t burn out! I plan on getting some of the H7RC bulbs for my wife’s 06 Jetta as well.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Just curious... does oncoming traffic flash their brights? I use mine any time that I’m using my headlights.