GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please help p2563 code

tfaygo

Hi folks I'm totally new to this app so im not even sure when this question will end up so sorry in advance.

My problem is I got this light pop up on my dash it's a flashing glow plug symbol my car is a 2010 1.6 VW golf Mk6 diesel .

I bought an ob2 Bluetooth code reader and found this fault please see below . If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it [emoji120].

P2563: Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

bebersol

Ready to race!
considered to be an electrical circuit fault only.

Potential causes for this code to set are: Open in the signal circuit to the TBCPS sensor – most likely Short to voltage in the signal circuit to the TBCPS sensor Short to ground in the signal circuit to the TBCPS sensor Open in power or ground at TBCPS sensor – most likely Failed TBCPS Sensor - possible Failed PCM - unlikely

locate the TBCPS sensor on your particular vehicle. This sensor is usually found directly screwed / bolted into the turbocharger housing. Once located, visually inspect the connector and wiring. Look for scraping, rubbing, bare wires, burn spots or melted plastic. Pull the connector apart and carefully inspect the terminals (the metal parts) inside the connector. See if they look burned or have a green tint indicating corrosion. Use electrical contact cleaner and a plastic bristle brush if cleaning of the terminals is needed. Let dry and apply electrical grease where the terminals contact.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p2563