GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions ECS control arm bushings

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I'll throw my hat in the ring here in regards to ECS. I just looked through my account and I've placed 33 orders over the past 3 years that probably add up to a few grand (damn mod bug :rolleyes:). I don't order exclusively from them but they have the majority of my business (I've also ordered from FCP, DAP, Urotuning, HS Tuning, USP motorsports, etc.). At times ECS has frustrated me with slow shipping times, items needing to be transferred before shipping, etc. I've certainly griped about them on this forum. But I've got to say that they've had good customer service the few times I've needed to return or exchange something. I've had many issues resolved immediately, special ordered parts not on their website, set up RMA's, and more over their chat feature.

Yes, most of the "ECS" branded parts are outsourced and no doubt many are from overseas. My experience has been that these parts perform to their price point. They're often a bit lower quality than the parts offered by major tuning companies but almost always get the job done for 95% of people at ~75% of the cost. For example, don't expect a $100 pair of ECS sway bar end links to perform as well as a $180 pair from another company. If you're going to push your car to the limits on the track and/or street with a giant sway bar don't expect a discounted product to perform to unrealistic expectations. Corners have to be cut somewhere to offer a product at a lower price point.

I'm by no means an ECS fanboy but it seems like some people give them a bit more hate than I think they deserve. The base line is that ECS offers an abundance of specialty parts that give consumers options. They put a lot of effort into researching and developing parts to fill niche issues. They create install guides, videos, and other content to help the consumer make decisions. They have a good website that helps us see what options there are for aftermarket parts, look up OEM part numbers, etc. While I may have some issues with ECS, my life would be much more difficult if they weren't around.

/rant

Back on topic:
OP, I say give the bushings a shot and report back to us, especially if you can do the work yourself and won't be devastated if you have to replace them down the line. Their offerings are significantly cheaper than Superpro/Powerflex. I appreciate that there's material science and whatnot that goes into manufacturing poly bushings but at the end of the day it's just a piece of poly that fills an empty space...not exactly rocket science.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
They probably aren't even made by ECS. Probably outsourced chinese crap.
I buy from ESC, so far the Dogbone Insert and the Shock Mounts have held up well, I don't expect them to last forever but so far so good.

To be perfectly frank, I believe most aftermarket companies source from China, the price point for getting stuff made with your own specs or the source company's specs is lower than europe even with adding tarrifs. The whole thing is so under handed that you can get parts indicating "made in Czechoslovakia", made in China. I agreed is not correct or even legal but if putting that label to sell to enthusiasts that's what they do.

Regardless of what you opinion is, the Chinese can make parts equal to other Countries, but it comes down to the "Quality Decision" and subsequent unit cost price that the company selling the item wants to pay.

The only real safe bet is buying from VW/Audi and then there are questions on secondary parts ie. wiper blades.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Back on topic:
OP, I say give the bushings a shot and report back to us, especially if you can do the work yourself and won't be devastated if you have to replace them down the line. Their offerings are significantly cheaper than Superpro/Powerflex. I appreciate that there's material science and whatnot that goes into manufacturing poly bushings but at the end of the day it's just a piece of poly that fills an empty space...not exactly rocket science.

This whole thread got off topic quick aha. Yea I just pulled the trigger to try them. It's a simple install procedure and I do all my own work so no need to worry about labor costs.

I buy from ESC, so far the Dogbone Insert and the Shock Mounts have held up well, I don't expect them to last forever but so far so good.

To be perfectly frank, I believe most aftermarket companies source from China, the price point for getting stuff made with your own specs or the source company's specs is lower than europe even with adding tarrifs. The whole thing is so under handed that you can get parts indicating "made in Czechoslovakia", made in China. I agreed is not correct or even legal but if putting that label to sell to enthusiasts that's what they do.

Regardless of what you opinion is, the Chinese can make parts equal to other Countries, but it comes down to the "Quality Decision" and subsequent unit cost price that the company selling the item wants to pay.

The only real safe bet is buying from VW/Audi and then there are questions on secondary parts ie. wiper blades.

Yep its just how it is. A huge portion of the market is outsourced.
If all china made products were crap then we'd be dealing with a lot more problems across the board.

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
i bought mine from usp