GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autobahn Package...Worth It?

Autobahn Package...Worth It?

• I have the Autobahn package and I would do it again.

Votes: 95 43.6%
  • I have the Autobahn package and I would NOT do it again.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I don't have the Autobahn, but would have added it if i could($$/availability).

Votes: 42 19.3%
  • I was never interested in the Autobahn package.

Votes: 78 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jinxster

Passed Driver's Ed
We looked at Autobahn but Sunroof + Nav with DSG was better value for us. The wife liked the cloth seats better, HID's were a requirement, wheels were better on our package, and preferred the DSG instead of the 6MT autobahns that the dealer had.

It didn't seem to be worth the price increase to us for the things we wanted.

Ditto--the transmission didnt matter--but otherwise exactly the same---bought the sunroof +nav

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
I like my leather seats. Without the Autobahn package, I probably would not have bought the car. I am middle aged and can afford the $$$. I would not consider the base package. It was about 2K more for the Autobahn over Nav + Sunroof. Leather alone was worth 1500 to me.

OP probably already got a car but I had to chime in. I agreed with him... I have the money and the plaid interior reminds me to much of a late 90's Dodge Neon.

Ajax_6154

Ready to race!
Didn't read the whole thread but I absolutely live my '11 autobahn. The leather seats are amazingly comfy and have the race seat feel as well, mine has every option, the sunroof is great to have, the Keyless entry is great however I have had an issue with it not detecting the FOB. Could have been the battery though, the xenon headlights with adaptive driving is a really awesome package too. And the Nav... Well it's Nav. Over all I wasn't impressed with the Dynaudio so i swapped all of it out but I'm an audiophile like that. I'm used to driving nice cars and the autobahn just had more of the luxury feel. And I hated the cloth seat feel. Even if I could I wouldn't go back and change spending the extra on the autobahn.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jsh1120

Ready to race!
Prefer the Autobahn

Recently purchased a 2013 Carbon Steel 4Dr DSG Autobahn in the Seattle area. Had to have leather seats. (It's a dog hair issue) So the it was the Autobahn or the "Drivers Edition." Much preferred the Dynaudio available on the Autobahn. Price difference between the Autobahn and the Driver's Edition was about $140. Purchased the Autobahn for $30.2 K. Couldn't be happier.

MacalGTI

I've had my Autobahn for nearly a year and have 17,500 miles on it! I paid $27,499 excluding tt&l. Love it!

theburningclutch

Ready to race!
I just wish I had the seats from the autobahn.

RMR

Passed Driver's Ed
46,400 Miles on my '12 Autobahn and no problems at all. Love the car and all the extras that came with it.

16plus4v

Ready to race!
I packaged mine with every option (4 door, DSG, Tech package w/ dynaudio,Nav RNS510, HID's ,Leather, Serrons etc).

I shopped around quite a bit between this GTI, an A4 S-line (2013), Volvo C30, BMW 3 series etc. The Jetta GLI was a crap box and that's what I initially wanted, but after testing it vs the GTI I was sold.

You simply can't find all of these options in a European car (turbo direct injection 4 cyl, 4 door hatch, KESSY, twin clutch gearbox, LED DRL's with HID's, interior feel and trim quality and so on) brand new for a sub 40k price tag (Canadian price point is higher than US).

Aside from all of that, I feel if you're going to purchase a particular model (GTI, A4, S4 etc) you should opt for one which is affordable to you as a fully loaded build. My GTI came to a c-hair over 40k all in. The A4 S-Line came to just under 50k which put me over budget, and same for the BMW which wasn't even close in price with the same options. My point is, I found the car that had everything I wanted, with the level of quality I expect to get for the price. I could have an a4, 3 series for around the same price also, but I'd have to settle for no nav, no sport line, no dual clutch gearbox, which to me defeated the purpose of building MY car.

Just my $.02 and the way I'll continue purchasing cars going forward. This GTI will be around for a while I can tell you that. I've never enjoyed driving to work so much, and with the stage 2 the car is just a blast to drive. Not to mention that the mk7 is very similar in appearance, which keeps me focused on the mk6. At this point in my life (27) this car suits my needs and then some. Hope this helps anyone who's unsure of the value in VW's Golf line.