GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
yeah okay guys, now that i've had it a few more days i'm 'getting the hang of it' and starting to think it all may be normal.

REALLY SUCKED last night going through bumper to bumper traffic in and out of chicago. You can tell the clutch is slipping in and out of 1st gear at 0-4 mph which is exactly the rate traffic wanted to go. Like 5mph and above you can tell its solid in gear but anything under and the trans shudder is really prevalent. Doesn't really feel like the car goes into 'neutral' when you're off the gas going that slow, or stopped for that matter, as when i actually shift into neutral the vibrations decrease a good bit.

Only other real complaint is, in auto mode (which is gonna be rare for me) the car really doesn't wanna downshift, and doesn't seem like it knows what it wants to do when hard on the gas. Like it shifts out of 1st gear at 4k rpms, or jumps down a gear real quick then hops into 5th gear while flooring it going 40? that can't be normal. Seems fine in manual mode overall.
Could have to do with the TCU. Maybe you need an update or to try a different one. I heard the uni one is solid for daily driving. Probably the one I will go with post warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Hmm. It is under the apr TCU tune. IDK. LOL. Just really seems like it doesn't want to or know how to properly downshift in auto mode, except when i slow down to go through a turn or something it downshifts fine, but if like i'm cruising at 40 and floor it nothing happens

Anyway i installed my RCD510 radio the other day. It's cool cause it has the nicer screen which was the main reason i got it, just to update the interior feel a bit, but damn is it a basic radio or what! Doesn't even tell you the time. My base radio picked up my bluetooh signal and was more funcitonal, as it would atleast display the song and artist name, this one just says 'bluetooth audio' lol.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
the more you describe how weird its acting the more im positive theres nothing wrong with it lol

ive had this car for going on 5 years and it still makes me laugh how strange it is sometimes

that feeling "like a manual transmission slipping the clutch" below 5mph is the first thing a car buddy commented on when i got it

Jaber

Modero
You should check the APR TCU thread, I recall there were a few complaints. Might be worth flashing it back to stock. Also very possible you're not up to date on the tune.

EDIT:

You also mentioned when you floor it, it stays in gear. The previous owner might of had the kick-down switch disabled. Normally when you floor it, a button gets pressed and regardless of what mode you're in, it will shift into the next gear for you, when you redline it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Hmm that may be what the guy opted for. Which is fine if thats the case since i can just manual mode it.

Ordered some headlights the helix project ones off ebay. Just gotta see if they come with turn signal bulbs before ordering an hid kit.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
The helix lights in my sig for the mk7 were awesome honestly.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Cant wait to start modding this thing and really excited to start polishing it haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Some parts started rollin' in...

News alert I'm such a ricer at heart, my pants get tight for red details on cars...

Led interior lights, LED license plate lights

APR wheel badge
APR WHEEL BADGE.jpg

GTI seat levers
SEAT LEVER BADGE.jpg

And this thing? anodized ftww lmao
IGNITION COVER.jpg

And dark cherry tails - these didn't come with reverse bulbs, anyone know which ones i gotta get?

EURO TAILS ON.jpg
EURO TAILS OFF.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Ebay. They work well just gotta figure out where to get reverse bulbs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
yes I love deautokey, they sure are expensive though! lol. They seem like the only option for some of our bulbs.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
well I need reverse bulbs so I just ordered those, and decided to upgrade the footwell LED's as well.