GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a better sounding exhaust

m0j0jojo

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased a GTI in May of 2018, and noticed that sound is missing in the stock cars. Any suggestions on a cat-back or turbo back exhaust that is less than $1000 CAD. I also do not want to get tune if i am getting an exhaust because of my budget. Also does the car sound better if I just get a Stage 1 or 1+ tune from unitronic?

Thankss

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I see a lot of posts from people with beluga that say they like theirs.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Any thoughts on the Magnaflow 15521?
i dont personally have magnaflow(i have beluga) but ive read good things about magnaflow on the forum

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I have a Borla CBE and love it. No drone and a nice rumble. I get compliments all the time.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

cevil203

Ready to race!
I love my unitronic catback, it is very deep and refined, but loud when I get on it. Good for keeping it quiet when around the popo, but loud enough when I want to turn heads.

One thing to consider, and I don't know how things are in Canada, but a catted downpipe with a spacer can be a lifesaver for emissions testing, which can be strict in parts of the US.

MALINO11

I have a Magnaflow cat back paired with a CTS 200 cell down pipe and I absolutely love it. The drone on the highway is next to nothing and it has a good low rumble. Constant compliments on the sound. The pops at low speeds are amazing too. If you do end up doing the down pipe though a tune is required due to the extra air flow or at least highly recommended to get the most power gains from the system.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Go with a resonator delete first. I don't know your financial situation but for me, it was $50 well spent. Its honestly one of the best things ive done to my car. No drone, not too loud and has that little bit of throaty sound that sounds good. Makes the car good but its not obnoxious.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Vibrant bottle resonator swap with your stock resonator on the exhaust.

Changed the tone of my car and absolutely no drone at cruise and sounds good when foot down.