GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I changed my plugs and coilpacks today.

spessx

Ready to race!
Hey guys

I put new plugs in my car today and upgraded to the R8 coilpacks. My car is running really smooth now - it almost feels like its not running at idle. Acceleration is smoother too with no surging.

My car is a 2010 Stage 1 with 45k on it.

-S

JhnR

Banned
Nice, got plugs for mine, need to order a set of those R8 coilpacks, do em both at the same damn time!

Hey nice happy announcement, you should have made a POLE.

McQueen77

Banned
Im doing this in like a month. Probably keep the coils though since I am not putting in R8 coils. Coils are either good or bad, no in between so unless you are changing to a different coil pack its pointless. Plugs though are a good idea. Im not waiting til 60k thats for sure

spessx

Ready to race!
Im doing this in like a month. Probably keep the coils though since I am not putting in R8 coils. Coils are either good or bad, no in between so unless you are changing to a different coil pack its pointless. Plugs though are a good idea. Im not waiting til 60k thats for sure

I had a coilpack pop at 30k and I had to have my car trailered to the dealer. I did this upgrade as more of a preventative measure for reliability. I was always wondering when the next one was going to pop. I'll be changing them with the plugs every 30k or so going forward. For $109 including plugs and coils its worth it.