GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Amber warning lights

choubix

Hi guys,

I have a Mk6 that has the following problem upon ignition of the engine:
Abs, esp, power steering warning lights are on.
I also get and abs/esp error message on the dash screen.

My two local mechanics are giving me different stories (alternator poulie and abs pump). I suspect a sensor failure.

Has anyone here experienced such a problem? How would u suggest I troubleshoot?

I noticed that the esp button (near the gearbox) doesn't turn on/off esp anymore when I press on it.

Hope u guys have some ideas for me! :)
Thanks for reading.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I'd guess an ABS wheel speed sensor too. Easy enough to look at an alternator pulley. Seems odd that was suggested.

choubix

Thanks for your reply Ashcuckton!

Any chance this is something I can fix myself? (or at least investigate? I hate being taken for a ride by a mechanic... ;) )

choubix

Cost 150 bucks just to pop the bonnet open... Waste 2h jsut visiting the workshop last time. The mechanic @ VW just listened to me, took a look inside the car and told me what were his instabilities for an appointment.

I really felt like a cow going to be milked...

Low Boost

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

I have a Mk6 that has the following problem upon ignition of the engine:
Abs, esp, power steering warning lights are on.
I also get and abs/esp error message on the dash screen.

I noticed that the esp button (near the gearbox) doesn't turn on/off esp anymore when I press on it.
QUOTE]I just got the same problem 3-4 days ago. My passenger widow stopped going down and I went to the dealer in late Feb. They told me the part for the repair was $400, over $600 total with labor. I said "No thanks" and I'll get the part myself. Now, about 3 weeks later after my vacation I magically get 3 error/check engine lights. NEVER had electrical issue until after that dealer visit. Same thing happened with my wife's VW CC. After the oil change/service, she had a check engine light. "Reattach" secondary air solenoid valve connector. They create more problems so everyone stays busy!