GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior switch LED's

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone changed the color of the LED's in the buttons in the center console in front of the shifter? I found this older thread:

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30755

But I'm specifically looking for info on the lower center console buttons. Looking to change them to white..

Thanks..

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone changed the color of the LED's in the buttons in the center console in front of the shifter? I found this older thread:

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30755

But I'm specifically looking for info on the lower center console buttons. Looking to change them to white..

Thanks..
Yes, sir. What questions do you have?

The traction control button is pretty easy to remove and take apart. I think it was one of the easiest LEDs I swapped.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, sir. What questions do you have?

The traction control button is pretty easy to remove and take apart. I think it was one of the easiest LEDs I swapped.

Thanks..

Does it have an actual red LED or a red film?

I'm looking for a white LED and need to know what I should purchase in terms of wattage/lumens (sp), etc. I'm looking for something that's the same brightness, only white instead of red. May be using the wrong terminology this is all new for me.

Last edited:

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks..

Does it have an actual red LED or a red film?

I'm looking for a white LED and need to know what I should purchase in terms of wattage/lumens (sp), etc. I'm looking for something that's the same brightness, only white instead of red. May be using the wrong terminology this is all new for me.
It does not have a red film so you'll be fine with just swapping to a white LED. I switched mine to white.

I remember using mostly PLCC2 LEDs and some interior parts needed size 0805 LEDs. The headliner controls used a certain through-hole LED.

I bought my LEDs from Amazon, they were a random brand I had never heard of. They weren't cheap but I haven't had any issues with them yet. Unfortunately I don't know their brightness. I ordered them a year and a half ago so my order history doesn't show what exactly I ordered. I believe one of the big PLCC2 LEDs are in the traction control button.

The LEDs I have are SLIGHTLY brighter than the stock ones but the dimmer switch helps fix that if that bothers you. If I were you, I'd pull the button out and measure the size of the LED to confirm you're ordering the right size, especially if this is one of the only LEDs you'll be changing. 3528, 2512, 0805, the sizes correlate with the length and width of the LED. 3528 is a 3.5mm x 2.8mm LED. Hope this helped.