GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag Error message

Daniel1

Passed Driver's Ed
My car is giving me airbag sign on the dash instrument as well as the message Airbag Error. This happened after I switched the passenger airbag Off to put a carseat for my child now when I put it back ON I get this messages. How can I clear the error I don't have that vagcom software. What else can I do?

illDub6

Ready to race!
Wow i got the same problem, it came up out of now where please HELP as well

Daniel1

Passed Driver's Ed
how did you turn it off? :iono:

There's switch inside ur storage bin just underneath that slot where u place us user manual book, u need ur key to turn it On/Off but only the passenger one will be Off.

This warnings are suppose to clear when u turn it back On.:mad0259:

P

plac

there shouldnt be a child seat in the front ever, anyway. does this effect the rear airbags if you have them?

michal

Go Kart Champion
My car is giving me airbag sign on the dash instrument as well as the message Airbag Error. This happened after I switched the passenger airbag Off to put a carseat for my child now when I put it back ON I get this messages. How can I clear the error I don't have that vagcom software. What else can I do?

Vag-com or go to your dealer.
When I was removing the plastic trim around the temp controls I unplugged the "Passenger Airbag Off" light, too. I got an error even when I put it back. I had to use vag-com to clear the code.
So probably if you turned it on again with your switch in the glovebox (we do not have it in the US model) you still have to clear the code.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Since there is really nothing to add to your specific cause (no info, no fault, no nothing) The most common cause I see for airbag lights is people putting crap on the passenger seat or wedging shit between the center consul and the passenger seat. The passenger side belt buckle has a pressure sensor in that measures the amount of pull on the belt. If the pods system doesn't see a person in the seat and the seat belt isn't connected, if something is touching the buckle for 30-60 seconds it'll throw an airbag light for the belt force sensor. usually if that fault is there are binders on the seat or anything from magazines to umbrellas between the seats.

Daniel1

Passed Driver's Ed
I am a happy man now, my airbag error warning is gone, I took it to the dealer today all sorted, the obviously reset it with vagcom. At least its still under warranty no need to pay anything...

jimadriver

Ready to race!
I had an airbag light come in this morning. Can running to the forum. Wiggled the wires under the pass seat I use daily to get my kids in. Turned car back on. Wala cleared itself. Not sure if it would have happened twice but it DID for me. Point being, it's worth a whirl if it happens to you.

addictedtogum

Passed Driver's Ed
When I was removing the plastic trim around the temp controls I unplugged the "Passenger Airbag Off" light, too. I got an error even when I put it back.

dang it. this is what i did, i had no idea it would cause an error code or i would never have unplugged it. i don't have vag-com, any other fix besides dealer? disconnecting battery didn't work

yannzter

I RECENTLY GOT A LETTER FROM VW CONCERNING A RECALL. IF YOUR AIRBAG SEAT LIGHT CAME ON CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR STERRING CONTROL BUTTONS ALL WORK, IF NOT THERES AN ISSUE IN THE CLOCK CONTROL IN THE STERRING WHEEL. SOME SORT OF WIRE THAT LOOPS WHEN YOU TURN SO AIRBAG ALWAYS STAYS ACTIVE..