GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Timing Chain/Tensioner replacements

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Local guys: what shop(s) have you used and were you satisfied? Looking to get the entire tensioner/chain/guides job done preventatively, and need suggestions. I know Excelerate in CT comes highly recommend. Anyone else?

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
Local guys: what shop(s) have you used and were you satisfied? Looking to get the entire tensioner/chain/guides job done preventatively, and need suggestions. I know Excelerate in CT comes highly recommend. Anyone else?

dont see why u would need to go to CT to get that done, theres tons of good shops on LI. tuningworks, FFE, streetlethal, european auto..

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
dont see why u would need to go to CT to get that done, theres tons of good shops on LI. tuningworks, FFE, streetlethal, european auto..
I’m not set on using Excelerate. Some of the more “local” shops have left a sour taste in my mouth. I’ve been told the engine needs to be removed for chains, a quote of $3k, and some not even returning calls/emails.

I don’t mind traveling for quality work as I’ll be taking the day(s) off from work anyways. Hell, I can get to some of the shops in Jersey faster than places on the island.

Just trying to see who others have used.

ben_m

Ready to race!
Why not try a dealer? I've been using VW Huntington for everything. Guys do a solid and prices are reasonable. Plus they do warranty their work for 12 months.

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
I’m not set on using Excelerate. Some of the more “local” shops have left a sour taste in my mouth. I’ve been told the engine needs to be removed for chains, a quote of $3k, and some not even returning calls/emails.

I don’t mind traveling for quality work as I’ll be taking the day(s) off from work anyways. Hell, I can get to some of the shops in Jersey faster than places on the island.

Just trying to see who others have used.

Well ive used all those shops, though i haven't gotten my chain replaced yet i asked last month and none of them came back to me saying they needed to remove the engine or were near that number, i think the highest quote i got was $1700. They all do excellent work.

Why not try a dealer? I've been using VW Huntington for everything. Guys do a solid and prices are reasonable. Plus they do warranty their work for 12 months.

Jose is the man, VW huntington is the only dealer i would ever go to.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Car is at FFE right now to get the full job done. Pricing was competitive to other quotes I’ve seen.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Don't know how I missed this post, but Speed Sport Tuning in Danbury, CT would've been my recommendation. Top notch shop. A++ work with fair pricing.