GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 mk6 , where can i find gas station in the USA that sell 91 octane ?

Skivvy9r

Ready to race!
I saw only 87/89/93
But the gti should get 91

Thanks

I live in Houston , Texas

If you insist on only 91 octane, you can buy two gallons of 93 octane for every one of 87, or you can buy equal amounts of 93 and 89 octanes to end up with 91. :)

But you'll be fine running the 93 octane straight up.

mfl

Passed Driver's Ed
Different ratings though. You guys use RON(Europe) and we use AKI(USA/Canada) for octane rating, but you guys do not get our low grade 87-89AKI equivalent. Trinidad W.I and Nigeria that I visited did not even have the low grade stuff.

95 RON = 90-91 AKI
98 RON = 93-94 AKI

The standard for cars in Australia is the low grade 87-89AKI (91 Ron) , but 93-94 AKI (98Ron) petrol is available for "European Cars". Motor writers here almost always comment on how buying a European car means you have to pay for 'expensive petrol', while exciting cars like the Toyota Camry can run on standard petrol !. Our prices are a little more expensive than in the US, $5.00 aud/gallon for the 87 AKI and $5.60 or the 93AKI. Some petrol stations, such as BP offer you the choice of 90 or 93AKI petrol, apart from the 87AKI petrol, which is actually now a E10 blend (10% ethanol).

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
I recall seeing 91 oct in New Hampshire this past autumn.

Curiously, it was priced the same as 93 (20-25¢ higher than 87) as 93 oct.

McQueen77

Banned
Yeah, you're lucky. Highest we have in LA is 91..

pelo911

oh my lawd.... how old are you bro? We're lucky we have 93 octane as supreme premium. Our ECUs can actually use that extra octane for a couple more horses.

And here you are trying to find 91??? :confused:

Just pump the 93 and thank your lucky stars you're in Tejas. SIGH.

you are right , i fill only 93 octane at Sam's Club from the day i got the car (Two weeks ago)