GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LC2i & Dynaudio: Where to tap

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Should I tap into the pre-amp speaker wires coming off of the headunit (RNS510) or tap into amplified speaker lines from the Dynaudio amp under the driver's seat? I'm thinking off of the head unit would possibly give a cleaner signal. Thoughts?

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
tap the rear speakers to connect, pretty sure that's what most of the folks with similar set up do. don't mess with the OEM head unit or amp.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
If you haven't read through this thread (UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install) I highly recommend it. There's a ton of good information about wiring/configuring the LC2i. Some of the best info is buried pretty deep in the thread so I'd suggest skimming through when you have time.

Thanks. I did read that thread some time ago so I'll need to dive back into it. I'm finally getting around to installing my sub/amp/lc2i combo after staring at it on the garage shelf for a few years...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I don't have an LC2i, but my LOC was tapped behind the head unit. I didn't do the install and they said they couldn't get access to the rear speaker, but I think they were just being lazy.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
I don't have an LC2i, but my LOC was tapped behind the head unit. I didn't do the install and they said they couldn't get access to the rear speaker, but I think they were just being lazy.

I don't necessarily think that is being lazy, I think that is being smart. The head unit is easy to pull compared to getting to the wiring at the door speakers.

Since I have Dynaudio I'm wondering if using the pre-amp'd signal off of the head unit is more beneficial since its a cleaner signal. Either way i will most likely tap into the head unit or directly at the amp plug.

N7_GTI

I am trying to find the proper speaker / tweeter harness for my mk6 GTI. I am going to be running 6.5 skar speakers with skar dome tweeters, and 10in sub with the factory head unit. I have the lc2i and amp setup in the hatch. Only thing I am needing are the harnesses, any idea where to find the proper ones?