GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will It Rub? need help

sp1000

Hey guys I need a bit of help...I am a new owner of a 4dr R, I just ordered the VWR specific lowering springs and I want to add spacers to widen the stance up a bit. I am on stock rims with 225/40/18. I am ordering the spacers from ECS and I was wondering:

1. 8mm front/12.5mm rear...Will it rub with 4 people and a full trunk? if so,
2. 5mm front/10.5mm rear...Will that rub under the same scenario?
3. will I have to purchase the extended lugs?

thanks in advance

ktmracer736

Go Kart Champion
My friend has 10F 10R lowered on FK coilovers and he does not rub. And yes you should get extended lugs. I have heard of peoples wheels falling off because they didnt get extended lugs.

Volusia1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have VWR springs with 8mm front 15mm back. no rubbing at all.
I purchased longer bolts too. GL!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Hey guys I need a bit of help...I am a new owner of a 4dr R, I just ordered the VWR specific lowering springs and I want to add spacers to widen the stance up a bit. I am on stock rims with 225/40/18. I am ordering the spacers from ECS and I was wondering:

1. 8mm front/12.5mm rear...Will it rub with 4 people and a full trunk? if so,
2. 5mm front/10.5mm rear...Will that rub under the same scenario?
3. will I have to purchase the extended lugs?

thanks in advance

stock wheels are et51 7.5" wide so you will be 100% fine with either scenario you listed with spacers. But please, please get longer lugs :thumbup:

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Those are both very common spacers sizing for MKVI models, since you are running stock wheels with a mild drop you should not see any issues even with the added wight. Yes you will 100% need the longer bolts for what you have listed, we have kits with matching bolts to take the guess work out! PM me if you have any other questions - Be sure to check out our installation PDF - Here

Andy

sp1000

Those are both very common spacers sizing for MKVI models, since you are running stock wheels with a mild drop you should not see any issues even with the added wight. Yes you will 100% need the longer bolts for what you have listed, we have kits with matching bolts to take the guess work out! PM me if you have any other questions - Be sure to check out our installation PDF - Here

Andy

just bought them from ECS thanks for your help guys

Nuc1ear_Rabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
just bought them from ECS thanks for your help guys

ECS's spacers that are smaller than 10mm aren't hubcentric... have fun with that vibration. I returned my ECS spacers and bought 42draftdesign spacers and haven't looked back.