GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance MK6 GTI Tune Development with Cobb Accessport

MAPerformance

Hey everyone! Well, with the release of the Cobb Accessport for the MK6 GTI, it was only a matter of time until we wanted to get our hands on one. Our operations manager happens to own an MK6, and has kindly let us play with it. We have been tuning 4 cylinder turbo cars for over 10 years. Some of you may have heard of us if you were previously an Evo or Subaru owner. This however is our first venture into the VW world, and I am pretty excited to do so!

Our objective is to provide a custom stage 1 OTS tune with the purchase of an Accessport through us as an alternative to the Cobb OTS tunes that are pre loaded. We started doing this with the release of the Ecoboost Mustang, and then onto the 2015+ WRX/STI. It's been extremely successful, and we want to continue that with this platform.

First order of business is to get the car on the dyno for some baseline runs. This particular GTI is a 2010 with 86k miles on it. The car is completely stock with the exception of an upgraded ACT clutch, as his original one was starting to expire, and knowing that it was going to be spending quite some time on the dyno, and with an expected increase in torque. We will then flash the car with the Cobb OTS stage 1 tune to compare. Then, onto our custom tuning.

The car is currently on 93 octane at this time, but both 91 and 93 tunes will be released. Stay tuned! (See what I did there?)

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
So no update on this? Im actually about to be looking for an accessport within the next few days. Id like to see your numbers vs ots cobb. And you still sell the app with the free tune?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So what power are you guys making?

MK6NGT

Ready to race!

MAPerformance

Hey everyone! I am extremely sorry for the lack of updates with this. We have been slammed around here with the MK6 and MK7 platforms that we have been working on. However, I DO HAVE RESULTS! This dyno below is our Stage 1 V1.1 OTS tune for the MK6 GTI that is free with the purchase of an Accessport from us. It will also be sold individually for customer who already have an Accessport.

Car is a 2013 GTI manual transmission. The blue line was bone stock on 93 octane, and the red line is our custom Stage 1 OTS tune on 93 octane. 91 octane is also available. I will dig and see if I have the numbers for that and post them as well:

I do have a few customers testing out our beta tune currently. I would encourage anyone to post or send us data logs as well so we can see how these cars are performing. This way, we have a better chance of making any future revisions if needed. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8xbRDKYMbY&t=116s&list=PL0m4RhJhAmrd-5Din10qGKCyHKLT6Kz5E&index=5

mamock116

Ready to race!
no worries, Ill just wait for a OTS st2 map if the gains are better than the stock OTS map from cobb.