GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lease ends in 11 months. Seeking Suggestions

C4L

Banned
Here's my question, using ballpark numbers.

GTI $25k and CC $35k have same lease payment = $12k over 3 years.

If they both have 56% residual, that's GTI $14k and CC $19.6k

Total cost, excluding all other crap which is comparable for each then, is GTI $26k and CC $31.6k... one over MSRP one well under.

Are they just cool with making a lot less money on the CC?

I KNOW the residual on my GTI is $12,800 for a car that had a sticker of $26,900 but sold for $24,xxx. Payments of $375/mo (for 15k miles).

I THINK the residual on my wifes CC is $17,640 for a car that had a sticker of $34,xxx and sold for $30,xxx. Payments of $385/mo (for $15k miles).

I think they have different residual values. And a different money factor too.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I've got a party to take my kids to this weekend that is literally directly across the street from my VW dealer.
I'm going to step inside the dealer and try on a CC for size.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
But I really hate buying and selling cars.
I don't know if I have it in me to purchase the car, sell the car for the profit, and get myself in another car.
I'd have to decide if that is worth some two thousand dollars to me.

*notsureifserious.jpg*

If a few thousand isn't worth a few hours of your time just turn it in. But that's a hell of a billing rate if you ask me.

Bazinga.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
The car is in fantastic shape - I treat it like I own it.
There is a skuff on the passenger side that can be very nearly buffed out, and I curbed one Detroit which I polished down to the point that you don't notice it until you get close.
Aside from that, the car is great.
It really would be a score at $16,000 with 15K on it.

But I really hate buying and selling cars.
I don't know if I have it in me to purchase the car, sell the car for the profit, and get myself in another car.
I'd have to decide if that is worth some two thousand dollars to me.

Yeah, selling cars is no fun, so that's understandable. I'd say if you can make a little money selling to Carmax or a VW dealer it's worth it, a private sale, maybe no. You seem like you have a good handle on the numbers/like a smart guy so I'm sure you'll make the right decision for yourself. I bet you won't like the CC as well though, since you enjoy the GTI so much.

Fordson

Ready to race!
ElectricEye, I have your car, minus the DSG but with the Climatic instead of manual A/C. It's a great car.

Whatever you do, don't turn it in and let the dealer take the profit. You paid to use the car for X miles, and you've only used a fraction of that. This IS a zero-sum game...if you leave that money on the table, they get it.

These are great cars. Buy it. Chip it. Take it on a road trip to California. Use it. You're worried about payments and out-of-warranty repairs, but you're losing money now by just not using it.

I dunno...if I were going to only drive this car 5k miles a year and leave it completely stock...I'm not sure I would have even gotten it.

JMHO.