GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interest in GB for Racing Brake BBK

LUI@ADS

Ready to race!
This was just posted by Ryan.E here.
Reminder the rotors are 345x30

Just wanted to update everyone on long term wear. I measured the rotors after 9 track events and I only have .18mm of wear, that's Huge!

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
I wanted to add something to my initial review. It's going to start out sounding bad, but I swear it has a happy ending so keep on reading through.

I was one of the original purchasers of the MkVI kit. Initially, I had some issues. The rear lines were wrong and the caliper carrier brackets were drilled wrong as well. Luis was informed and took care of it VERY quickly. He even answered email at some crazy times. I made the old carriers work with some drilling and tapping. The new ones came very quickly and I got them on. I noticed that one of the threaded holes was off just hair, but made it work.

From day one, I was having issues with noise. It wasn't even remotely minor. It was downright horrible. People could hear it when I was on the phone with them and I hated it. I tried some stuff on my own--switched pads around, disc brake quiet, etc. I can't remember if it was Luis that came to the rescue this time or Mike from RacingBrake. At any rate another set of pads were sent along with another carrier. I got all this on and was able to get the driver's side to be quiet, but was still having some noise from the passenger side. It was still very loud and I had to hide at traffic lights (kidding). By this point, I know I was in contact with Mike from RacingBrake and this man made it his mission to make the kit right. I believe I got another set of pads and tried that. Still noisy. Mike then sent me a set of Hawk pads and shims to try out. Neither would fit. We pretty much knew the shims wouldn't fit, but the Hawk pads wouldn't fit into the calipers without needing some grinding. I noticed some grease in the Hawk pad box and decided to give that a shot. It helped, but I would still get some very loud squealing from time to time.

Finally, I was sent a set of pads that were a softer compound. I'm guessing these were custom made especially for me to test. I got them on and went through the bed-in. I thought for sure I had a winner. Not quite. I tried a more aggressive bed-in and have been noise-free since then.

Throughout all of this, parts have been sent no-questions asked. Mike even called and talked to me pretty late one night to assure me that RacingBrake would make it right. Toward the end I was dealing with Warren from RacingBrake and he stated the same thing. Both of them checked up on things without prompting from me.

Luis went to bat for me as well. I can't ever remember receiving such customer service. And believe me I've dealt with quite a bit of it. And it's the main reason I'm posting again.

I've looked around at many BBKs and this has to be the best bang for the buck. Buy it! I'm thoroughly pleased with mine everytime I put my foot on the brake pedal.

Buy the damn kit! :)